Thread: Jervis Inlet fishing

Jervis Inlet fishing

Hey I'm taking the wife and some friends for a sightseeing trip up Jervis inlet this weekend. It will be mostly just a looking around trip but I'm wondering how the fishing is up there. Does anybody have any current or recent experience? Any information would be appreciated. Also any place I should drop the crab trap north of Egmont to pick up on the way back?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Jervis Inlet fishing

Anyone got any info?

Quote Originally Posted by Blair View Post
    Anyone got any info?
    There's good sea run cutthroat trout fishing at most creeks flowing into the inlet, but remember it's all catch and release. It's catch and release on the south coast all the way up to cape caution for sea run cutthroat. Maybe around river Brittain river or Deserted river for crab.

Jervis inlet walls are steep, the inlet is several thousand feet deep and 50' from shore your in 1000' of water. Jig along the walls and you'll pull some Ling and rock cod. The mouths of the rivers can be fun but unless the salmon are stacking up I've never had great success. Don't miss princess louisa inlet but it is a rock fish conservation area and there is no fishing.

The mouth of the inlet where it runs into Sechelt inlet can produce some good salmon at the right times.