Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bison Hunt - 7-57 B - Early October

Bison Hunt - 7-57 B - Early October

Hi all, long time reader, first time poster. The gods smiled on my hunting party and I, and we were granted a bison LEH for 7-57 zone B. We're all experienced moose, elk, and deer hunters across the province, but bison and 7-57 is brand new to us. Has anybody had this draw before? What worked and what didn't? Any advice to lend? We're trying to do as much research as possible, because this really is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated by 4 BC born and bred hunters!

Cheers!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bison Hunt - 7-57 B - Early October

Stay at the outfitters place. Rent a cabin off them.

Highly recommend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Stay at the Sikanni River Ranch. We've been there twice and had no problems filling our tags.

You have to hike away from the roads. There are so many guys riding up and down the trail

We were lucky enough have that draw last year in November. We camped out at the airstripe and no problem filling our tags. Its quads only after the airstripe (500kg dry weight limit). Most of the bison we saw were in the hills so if you get off the quads you will likely find them.

We had a group draw this January,we were done 2 bison in 2 days. As others have said stay at the ranch,we did,great place and they were helpful. If there isn't any snow yet,the bison may still be back/up in the hills in early October. Also,as others have said,get off the quads and you will likely find them. I'm eating a bison rib eye as I type this,hands down the best eating game I have ever had. Good luck

Thanks for all the info! We're planning on camping up there, but with quads and a pair of good boots (and warm clothes) hopefully we can make this great opportunity a success!

sent you a pm

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellisnice View Post
    Thanks for all the info! We're planning on camping up there, but with quads and a pair of good boots (and warm clothes) hopefully we can make this great opportunity a success!
    Sounds fun, but heres another +1 for staying at the outfitters...they charge $150 per night per guy for a warm bed and all your meals. that is A LOT of stress taken off of you. my draw was in november, and it was -30 every day, that means everything is frozen all the time, food, gear, everything...the bison hunt is a novelty, and its expensive...do it right and then you wont have to worry about dragging out camp gear etc...its the only way to go

Camping at the airstrip is a good option. Staying at the ranch is a great option. Both work but be prepared for an additional hour or so on the quad to get into the way backs if your at the airstrip. That being said the first bison we saw on our early October draw was 10 min away from the airstrip unfortunetly this was two days before the draw opening. Wouldnt you know it on opening day they were gone hahaha. We did make the connection on our two animals early on though so all good and great experience.