Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta Draws

Re: Alberta Draws

I absolutely love that country and after 'living' in the heart of it for 2.5 years early in my career, I grew to love it even more. The prairies will always hold a special spot for me and the country down in 102 is pretty amazing.

I've watched the forecast every day for weeks now, praying we get more and more rain so some access opens up. Will remain hopeful as I love nothing more than going for long hikes and looking for antelope down there.

Kim and my Dad both have a tag in a northern zone in another 11 days, so two antelope hunts in a single year should make for some fun!

The smile says it all..Is Vanessa's pack an Osprey ?
    My sons are strong and full of energy, were looking forward to those long walks..I will have a pack for my shed antler obsession that i am sure i will find a few of etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    The smile says it all..Is Vanessa's pack an Osprey ?
    My sons are strong and full of energy, were looking forward to those long walks..I will have a pack for my shed antler obsession that i am sure i will find a few of etc.
    There is a couple spots in 118 that I've hiked year after year and filled a backpack up in a few hours with sheds antlers lol. One day when we hunted it late November a buddy of mine hiked and had so many sheds that when they finally killed a buck he had to leave a pile of sheds so he had room to hike everything out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    There is a couple spots in 118 that I've hiked year after year and filled a backpack up in a few hours with sheds antlers lol. One day when we hunted it late November a buddy of mine hiked and had so many sheds that when they finally killed a buck he had to leave a pile of sheds so he had room to hike everything out.

Thats to Funny Trevor, i was thinking the same thing will happen to me as well.
    Where are ya'all staying during the hunt..

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Thats to Funny Trevor, i was thinking the same thing will happen to me as well.
    Where are ya'all staying during the hunt..
    Either Foremost or we have a couple options on places to park a trailer, still in a bit of the planning stages.

Well Rackmaster i never found any sheds...That is a sweet looking area and i sure hope to spend some time there again. Maybe this Spring i will go for a specific shed hunt . The Mule Deer numbers are definitely healthy there and i saw some decent ones. You Boys definitely did well on your hunt !! Congrats to all of you High Wind Hunters !!

How'd you guys make out Phil? Crazy amount of tags given out this year. Double last year.

Quote Originally Posted by sheephunterab View Post
    How'd you guys make out Phil? Crazy amount of tags given out this year. Double last year.
    Crazy?

How about closer but still not what they should be issuing?

Hope you had a good hunt Springer.

Ya a crazy amount of tags for a one week season. Guys were tripping all over each other. They need to look at ways to improve the experience of this hunt. Considering it's getting close to a once in a lifetime tag

Quote Originally Posted by sheephunterab View Post
    Ya a crazy amount of tags for a one week season. Guys were tripping all over each other. They need to look at ways to improve the experience of this hunt. Considering it's getting close to a once in a lifetime tag
    Last time I drew there was in a 600 tag season....

"They" need a fire lit under their chair. I have a match. Need some help in gathering the tinder....