Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Alberta Draws

Re: Alberta Draws

Quote Originally Posted by Norwestalta View Post
    Anyone get a speed goat draw? Got mine finally.
    Awesome stuff, congrats!!

We had 3 AB pronghorn tags last year, hunted 2 different zones and had a great time. I truly love hunting them almost as much as anything out there. Big prairie mulies in the rut may take the cake for me...lol

Am level 16 for sheep....not long now unless the close it to non-res

Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    Am level 16 for sheep....not long now unless the close it to non-res
    I hope we keep allowing BC hunters to come here!
    Last edited by Jordan f.; 08-28-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Northof49 you should be guaranteed a tag next year unless some of those that have been 999ing suddenly put in. There's 17 people with more priority than you but all 999'd last year.

Quote Originally Posted by sheephunterab View Post
    Northof49 you should be guaranteed a tag next year unless some of those that have been 999ing suddenly put in. There's 17 people with more priority than you but all 999'd last year.
    Isn't the quota really low (2?) for the non-res trophy sheep. With 17 people ahead, I wouldn't say it's a guaranteed thing at all.

Maybe I'm looking at the draw info wrong? Never paid much attention to the non res stuff, so I might be driving outside of my lane here.
    Last edited by Jordan f.; 08-28-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Those 17 all 999'd their draws last year so if they do again North is at the top.

Those 17 all 999'd their draws last year so if they do again North is at the top.
    I'd say it's pretty likely a chunk of those guys pull their tag over the next couple years. I'm not saying it's impossible. Just more likely he pulls it sometime in the next 5 years.. rather then guaranteed next year. And that is assuming he can put in every year seriously.

But at this point we are talking about a lot of what if's about a guy I've never talked to before. So long story short I hope he pulls it soon and gets to enjoy our beautiful mountains.

I said it was guaranteed if the 999 guys stayed 999 in my first post.....not that it was guaranteed...sheesh. Having watched the draw stats very closely over the years I'd say his odds are very good but no...not guaranteed.
    Last edited by sheephunterab; 08-28-2018 at 03:35 PM.

i appreciate the chance to come to Alberta and visit friends and strangers..and hunt trophy mulie and open season whitetails...I could never afford a guided hunt...and appreciate this chance at this.
    keep up the great shows TJ
    steven

I said it was guaranteed if the 999 guys stayed 999 in my first post.....not that it was guaranteed...sheesh. Having watched the draw stats very closely over the years I'd say his odds are very good but no...not guaranteed.
    My bad. Was kinda mislead by the way you worded it. I probably don't need to rain on the guys parade regardless.