Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta Draws

Re: Alberta Draws

Quote Originally Posted by Norwestalta View Post
    I’m a fan of the Alberta hunter host program and I don’t think any changes are needed. Wish every province and territory had this. I would like to see our residency requirements tightened up because I think that is the bulk of our problem here.
    I suspect that might make more than a 1% difference.

Word is that TJ was right once again ( ) in that F&W desires to have any changes made into law by this spring.
    With a strong chance that this is yet another exercise with no action.
    AGPAC meeting next week, and it is off to a final draft.
    Supposed to be one more round of public consultation after the final draft is done.
    We'll see....
    Stay tuned.

Well back to the Alberta Draws and chasing Antelope..My Boys were both hard pressed for time to hunt and very busy running their own businesses , so 2 days Max to hunt.
    I had done some scouting the day before in country i had never been before. So i got permission forms signed at the Ranches and talked to some landowners..
    The Boys arrived Sunday evening in Foremost and we were sitting in the Rolling hills in the dark waiting for the sun to come up the next morning.
    As the light arrived slowly in the East so did the Antelope..
    Aaron was the first one to Put lead into his Buck and we just stayed put for a half hour as other small herds kept passing through and Nathan kept scaring them off by shooting at them haha..

We took some pics , high fived then field dressed the Buck on the tailgate and stuffed him into the cooler full of ice blocks.

We continued to pursue the different herds and Nathan continued to miss....
    The next morning Aaron headed for home and Nathan and i went back to Huntn in the 100 kmh winds...
    It wasn't until 2:00 in the afternoon that the lead finally connected on a Buck and Nathan closed his 12 yr priority tag..

It was Gorgeous Country and i sure wish i had my shotgun and Bird dog at times when we found pockets of pheasants as well.
    The Sweet grass Hills to the South sure were a pretty sight..

We went back to an Old Farmstead we found to dress out Nathans Buck out the wind and tumbleweeds. We quartered his Buck and headed for camp. With my Cooler back in Red Deer i had to improvise and stuff the quarters in the Trailer Fridge..We had to wait until the next morning to drive home because of the high winds and pulling a trailer , there were actually semis in the ditch and trains blown off the tracks, crazy southern Alberta winds.
    So i got home quartered Aarons Buck and stuck them in the Shop fridge.

It didn't take long to butcher these up and they will be thoroughly enjoyed . I Absolutely Love Antelope meat and in a few years i will get the opportunity myself to hunt them again..

Hopefully you BC Fellas will still get your opportunities to still come back for yours especially if your high priority now. I have hosted 2 Guys from BC for Antelope and have hunted with them in return in BC.
    Cheers !!

Meanwhile a newly applying Alberta resident has no chance to be drawn for trophy pronghorn in Alberta in his lifetime. This based on the number of new applicants/yr exceeding the number of tags drawn.

Thumbs down Re: Alberta Draws

Quote Originally Posted by Mule Buck View Post
    Meanwhile a newly applying Alberta resident has no chance to be drawn for trophy pronghorn in Alberta in his lifetime. This based on the number of new applicants/yr exceeding the number of tags drawn.
    Cry me a river.

You, and all other resident hunters were sold a bill of goods by the outfitters with backing from the bow association. They did not actually lie though, for you see by cutting Hunter Hosted Non-Resident Canadian Draws out of the picture, you will realize an increase in your success rates. At the recognized 1.2 % those draws represent, that equals an extra tag for you ONCE EVERY 100 YEARS!
    Hope you and your lot are happy with that outcome.

The Alberta Fish & Wildlife Association passed ALL proposals internally (of course with support from the outfitters and the bow association). It now goes up to the Ministry there for approval. Since that ministry was in collusion for those proposals, that is likely simply a matter of a rubber stamp.

Rather nice of our neighbors to eff us over so finely eh?
    Already a few I know over here are talking retaliation in the form of preventing any and all Alberta hunters from coming to BC on our hunting host program, and increasing fishing licenses for them by an exorbitant rate.
    Part of me agrees, as I am pissed right off at their selfish, overly protectionist behavior. Behavior undertaken while being led by the nose into believing what they are doing will make a difference, when in fact it will not.
    On the other side of the coin I am resistant to those suggestions, for I would hate to see us sink as bloody low as they currently are...

Bloody mess.
    Once again proving to me just how gullible and self centered so damn many in the hunter's so called Community really can be...

Sadly,
    Nog
    Last edited by IronNoggin; 02-24-2018 at 08:39 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Shitty deal. I had hoped to get my dad up here for a early season moose hunt this year.

Arrow Re: Alberta Draws

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    Shitty deal. I had hoped to get my dad up here for a early season moose hunt this year.
    It ain't a Done Deal just yet. Given how well Alberta F&W functions at the upper levels, they may well (Hopefully!!!) miss the boat on bringing in those changes for this year. Alternatively, they are under pressure to do so from certain (I am fairly certain you might recognize "who") groups to Git 'Er Done. Let's hope their usual lackluster performance in that regard shines through once again, and you get that opportunity...

If you happen to be in a General Open Season area and not a draw, you will not be effected (yet) for that opportunity.
    Do it now.

If F&W don't get this through by their own deadline (shortly) I would STRONGLY advise every BC Resident who might happen to have priority points built up over there to BURN them ALL this year. Otherwise you'll simply be tossing them in the trash....

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Cry me a river.

You, and all other resident hunters were sold a bill of goods by the outfitters with backing from the bow association. They did not actually lie though, for you see by cutting Hunter Hosted Non-Resident Canadian Draws out of the picture, you will realize an increase in your success rates. At the recognized 1.2 % those draws represent, that equals an extra tag for you ONCE EVERY 100 YEARS!
    Hope you and your lot are happy with that outcome.

The Alberta Fish & Wildlife Association passed ALL proposals internally (of course with support from the outfitters and the bow association). It now goes up to the Ministry there for approval. Since that ministry was in collusion for those proposals, that is likely simply a matter of a rubber stamp.

Rather nice of our neighbors to eff us over so finely eh?

Already a few I know over here are talking retaliation in the form of preventing any and all Alberta hunters from coming to BC on our hunting host program,
    and increasing fishing licenses for them by an exorbitant rate.

Part of me agrees, as I am pissed right off at their selfish, overly protectionist behavior. Behavior undertaken while being led by the nose into believing what they are doing will make a difference, when in fact it will not.
    On the other side of the coin I am resistant to those suggestions, for I would hate to see us sink as bloody low as they currently are...

Bloody mess.
    Once again proving to me just how gullible and self centered so damn many in the hunter's so called Community really can be...

Sadly,
    Nog

You recognize that IF these changes pass, this just lowers Alberta to the bar established first by BC....
    Alberta would be sinking to BC's restrictions on NR access, nothing less.

Let's fight to race to the bottom....

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    You recognize that IF these changes pass, this just lowers Alberta to the bar established first by BC....
    Alberta would be sinking to BC's restrictions on NR access, nothing less.

Let's fight to race to the bottom....

Lets keep both ends open !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Images View Post
    Lets keep both ends open !!!!!!
    I agree. That's my kind of fight.

If BC (and other jurisdictions) allowed NR Canadians to enter their draws in a controlled fashion, it would be MUCH harder for Alberta to become more restrictive.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Cry me a river.

The Alberta Fish & Wildlife Association passed ALL proposals internally
    I suspect you mean Alberta Fish and Game Association and if by internally you mean after extensive open consultation with all members then you are right.

of course with support from the outfitters and the bow association
    Interesting seeing as APOS and AFGA voted differently on a number of the recommendations.
    Last edited by sheephunterab; 02-26-2018 at 06:35 PM.