Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta Draws

Re: Alberta Draws

The gist of the article Iron is that it is proposed that hunting be allocated by opportunity rather than actual harvest and that could ultimately result in residents receiving fewer tags. Basically rather than outfitters getting 10% of harvest, they get 10% of tags (20% in the case of sheep and cougar). As outfitter success rates typically run higher than resident rates, much higher on species like sheep and elk and moose, that it could result in outfitters getting a much higher percentage of the actual harvest....ultimately reducing the number of tags available to residents.
    Last edited by sheephunterab; 11-29-2017 at 05:31 PM.

Not that resident harvest rates are accurate anyhow. Terribly manipulated piece of data

Are you arguing that resident success is higher or lower?

No idea. Are you arguing that the data is accurate and representative of the true harvest? Is it mandatory?

I'm arguing it's what we have now and we should work to improve it to ensure a more equitable allocation of tags. Or we could just go with the opportunity based system I guess.

Thumbs up Re: Alberta Draws

A fellow posted TJ's article on Canadian Gun Nutz. Here is the link for any interested - post # 29 in the following thread:

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...5#post14351125

Well thought out TJ. I agree with most. Thank you.

LAST DAY to answer the survey's folks!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Apparently Track's reading comprehension is not on par with yours noggin.....haha I never once discussed the NR draws in the article but that's his total take away. Sheesh...there's no winning on the internet!
    Last edited by sheephunterab; 11-30-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Alberta Draws

Quote Originally Posted by sheephunterab View Post
    Sheesh...there's no winning on the internet!
    Ain't THAT the Truth!!

Have a Great Day TJ!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Haha...just looked again, that's not even the article being referenced in the AO discussion. It's in the December issue and focuses totally on allocating hunting by opportunity vs harvest. Too funny.

I’m a fan of the Alberta hunter host program and I don’t think any changes are needed. Wish every province and territory had this. I would like to see our residency requirements tightened up because I think that is the bulk of our problem here.