Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta Draws

Re: Alberta Draws

Great goat Trev

Hope my priority lasts anouther year

Good stuff Trevor.

It's been way to long since I have hunted Pronghorns, not sure if those pictures helped or hurt.

It definitely was a great year to have a tag, lots of BIG ones....

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Images View Post
    Great goat Trev

Hope my priority lasts anouther year
    I'd expect the ability of non-residents to draw tags in Alberta will be replaced with a partner licence in 2018. Hopefully you have a good buddy willing to give up his tag!

I know this thread is going great with Antelope success in Southern Alberta, and I also had a tag but could not cash in. However, the tag soup will taste much better with the success of my Bull Elk draw in 102 this fall. It was a great hunt and this was my first ever elk. It's all down hill from here! Huge thanks to my father and a few hunting buds that made this hunt so memorable. Will post pics if someone could give me some helpers on how to do that on this site. For some reason, it won't let me upload.

Quote Originally Posted by BDAJ View Post
    I know this thread is going great with Antelope success in Southern Alberta, and I also had a tag but could not cash in. However, the tag soup will taste much better with the success of my Bull Elk draw in 102 this fall. It was a great hunt and this was my first ever elk. It's all down hill from here! Huge thanks to my father and a few hunting buds that made this hunt so memorable. Will post pics if someone could give me some helpers on how to do that on this site. For some reason, it won't let me upload.
    You sure did great down there man! What a great area to hunt elk in.

Quote Originally Posted by sheephunterab View Post
    I'd expect the ability of non-residents to draw tags in Alberta will be replaced with a partner licence in 2018. Hopefully you have a good buddy willing to give up his tag!
    Thankfully I do !

Been hunting with the same guy for over 30 years

Sucks to lose 13 years priority though

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    You sure did great down there man! What a great area to hunt elk in.
    Thanks Rack! It was a hunt of a lifetime, and I was truely fortunate for how things played out. I'll get a pic of the finished Euro posted on Outdoorsmen soon. He's hanging comfortably with his "cousins" that all resided in 102. And I'll try to get it on here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sheephunterab View Post

Just hearing of this change..when did this happen..flush 11 years for moose,7 for deer..etc etc..paid for nothing..
    Ya sure my hunting partner is going to give up his moose, or mulie. .
    Pretty cheesy bushleague" move alberta..yet alberta s coming here get their own animal..
    Would have been nice to have a heads up to actually use the tags I'd paid for...

Steven Rupp

I managed to find a antlerless elk up in 526. My partner and I both ended up getting one on the sixth day of the hunt. He also ended up with a nice 4x4 Whitetail. Not too bad for our first trip up to the Peace country.

Just got back yesterday. A couple days to clean up and relax and I’ll be heading out for Whitetails and a 530 Bull moose draw.

Good luck all.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Just hearing of this change..when did this happen..flush 11 years for moose,7 for deer..etc etc..paid for nothing..
    Ya sure my hunting partner is going to give up his moose, or mulie. .
    Pretty cheesy bushleague" move alberta..yet alberta s coming here get their own animal..
    Would have been nice to have a heads up to actually use the tags I'd paid for...

Steven Rupp

All rumours at this point Steven. The speed at which change happens I suspect you will get next year to use those priority points if not a few years.