Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta Draws

Re: Alberta Draws

Changes will happen. Some will lose. Just tired of seeing the residents taking it. You obviously aren't.

Arrow Re: Alberta Draws

Quote Originally Posted by Mule Buck View Post
    ... Just tired of seeing the residents taking it. You obviously aren't.
    You are not alone.
    And I am right there with you (and my Friends & Family over there) in being tired with the way ESRD runs the show.
    There ARE better ways, but they are set in theirs.
    And their approach pretty much screws everyone almost equally.
    I feel for you, and all the rest living over there.

I hope you find the changes beneficial down the road. Really.

As for myself, I completely understand that my limited impact does nothing as far as "residents taking it".
    However believe what you want to believe. I am not here to change that.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by Mule Buck View Post
    Changes will happen. Some will lose. Just tired of seeing the residents taking it. You obviously aren't.
    Wow..2 way street..i hosted hunters and fishermen. .for critters mountain cariboo, 14 pound rainbows on fly, sturgeon, salmon,..guys want to come to BC to hunt their own big game or fish..however for the 1.2% difference you'd close the door...Hmmmm seems clear to me..
    Srupp

These aren't fish. Or whitetails, or bears...
    Some draw species are becoming once in a lifetime. Or less

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Wow..2 way street..i hosted hunters and fishermen. .for critters mountain cariboo, 14 pound rainbows on fly, sturgeon, salmon,..guys want to come to BC to hunt their own big game or fish..however for the 1.2% difference you'd close the door...Hmmmm seems clear to me..
    Srupp
    For the record, this proposal does not advocate closing the door, just eliminating non-residents from draws. Non residents would still be able to hunt non-draw species (other than sheep), basically the same as BC, with a hunter host and there would be a partner licence created to allow Non-residents to still hunt draw species on a resident licence. And fishing would still be permitted as well. I've always been a fan of our hunter host system but honestly, after seeing the attitudes of a few on here, I'm changing my mind. Albertans have zero to gain from allowing non residents in our draws and nothing to lose if they are eliminated. To this point we've just permitted it out of kindness. Some of you need to remember that! It's not your right but rather a privilege that some seem to be taking for granted!
    Last edited by sheephunterab; 11-27-2017 at 06:42 AM.

Just lucky that most have a better attitude towards their BC friends. .pretty clear you are not a fan of BC hunters coming over..i appreciate the opportunity to come visit friends do some hunting..don't expect to hunt sheep...and enjoy Alberta friends coming over for hunting..
    Having BC hunters draw tags..1.2 % difference..rounding error..it's a privilege and a treat to come hunt ...you have misjudged at least my attitude in regards to Alberta..a guest..no attitude..

Steven

How is that clear when I said I was a fan? You've put a lot of words in my mouth so far in this discussion...zero of which have been true. I've had several BC and Yukon friends over to hunt. It's the gimme gimme attitude of some that's turning me off. Perhaps try to understand what's driving this desire for change and offer a little support and understanding. You are correct it is a privilege...not to be taken lightly. You seem to miss the point that this isn't about math but about perception. If there's any hope of turning this recommendation around that perception should be that NR are eternally grateful for the opportunity. So far I'm not getting that from this thread.
    Last edited by sheephunterab; 11-27-2017 at 04:03 PM.

I still don’t get all the complaints about Alberta putting non residents under the same restrictions BC does. Archery and GOS are still planed to be open to hunter host program. Hell even the ability for your Alberta host being able to put you in for LEH but give up there tag is better then BCs options to non residents. BC you have to apply to host and restrict it to 3 mu’s I believe and a set amount of days. Alberta walk in with resident buy tags hunt all of Alberta for the whole season if you choose. Then add in BC will deny hunter host in some GOS for some species outside of sheep.

Only BC resident I have seen on this thread that mentioned improving options for non residents is Nog

Maybe if more BC residents were lobbying to improve non resident Canadian opportunity in BC it would encourage other provs to keep or open their doors

Outside of the Yukon I don’t think there is a prob more restrictive then BC

Cool Re: Alberta Draws

Very interesting discussion of these issues on the Alberta Forum...
    Seems a few Albertans are catching on as to how they are being played...

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=334246

Unfortunately cannot get the Alberta Outdoorsman magazine here in town. If anyone can, and would be willing to provide a summery of TJ's article, I would be forever grateful...

Tomorrow is the last day for the survey's folks...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

We should have just asked the non-residents what they want. They seem to think they are the most important