Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta Draws

Re: Alberta Draws

Better pray for rain. Lots of ranches in 118 and 102 totally shut down to access because of fire hazard. It's bad down! Most of the antelope seem to be on agricultural fields right now. Likely due to poor grass on prairie.

526 November cow Elk, 524 Antlered and antlerless Mulies in November and 530 late season Bull Moose. All undersubscribed draws. I 999'd everything this year except early season Bull Moose in 530. I had it last year so not much chance of getting it this year.

Add in general Antlered Whitetail and supplemental antlerless Whitetail and I should be able to find something to put in the freezer. I have 21 days off in a row from November 6th onwards so it should be a good season. Working a new 7x7 shift and it's certinally better for getting out and doing things than the 5+2 I worked the last few years.

Wish I had an early season Bull Moose in 530. Ran into this guy a week ago.

Anyone have a draw and want to go for a little boat ride?

Yes TJ I have done some prayers for sure. Also going to make for competition for all the tag holders in any areas that may be open. Its Mid October for us so hopefully things turn around..Where do you stay while down there...I'm thinking maybe haul the trailer to Elkwater..manyberries is already booked up..

We usually stay in Foremost.

OK thanks TJ.

Looks like four days of possible rain forecast. Sure hope it happens. Basically all of the big private ranches and some of the grazing reserves are shut right down to access.

Yes lets take that rain and then some...I can imagine the Crankers you have seen down South doing the Antelope fencing project the last few years .. See you there in the area possibly..or foremost campground.

I'll be down week before season opens.

Lucky Bugger, Just you with the tag or does V have one as well.
    They had some prairie fires around Blindloss recently hey...
    Looks like some rain in the forecast hey. That's crazy country to drive in if its to wet as well hey.

No tag....just down there working on the Onefour. Ya it looks like a bit of rain falling. When we hunted there last year they had a foot of snow week before the season and even the main 501 Highway was 4x4 in places for a day or two but it dried out fast. ZNot really much place to drive off the main roads down there. It's really a great old-fashioned foot hunt! Take your backpack.