Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta Draws

Re: Alberta Draws

Quote Originally Posted by sheephunterab View Post
    I suspect the number of NR applying for whitetail tags would be zero or close to it. I'd also suspect that elk would be quite low. I'm not sure the number of antelope tags issued in 2016 but 40 NR tags could be 5% or more and in some specific WMUs could easily run into 10% or higher. I suspect mule deer could be similar. I know there are at least two NR mule deer hunters in the zone I was drawn in this year out of a pool of 28 tags. There could be more I don't know. While the overall numbers are indeed very low, I suspect some specific WMUs have fairly high percentages. These stats kind of remind me of the way outfitters harvest is calculated. Perhaps we need to look at caps by WMU?
    I received what F&W could offer.

While the data is not complete despite the standing AFGA resolution for a yearly license accounting.

No NR data compiled at the wmu level.

F&W commented that the NR special licence numbers are so small that it was not considered worth the time to do a detailed analysis.
    NR sheep were not included.

2016 NR Special Licenses issued-
    Total - 300
    Applications - approx. 1000, Average Successful Priority Level - 3.3

WT - 1 out of 361 total licenses = 0.3%
    MD - 149/10,188 = 1.5%
    Elk - 32/1826 = 1.8%
    Moose - 104/11,114 = 0.9%
    Pronghorn - 14/678 = 2.1%

Total Licenses = 24,176
    Total NR Licenses = 300, 1.2%

Yup, this proposed change will really help the draw wait time....

I'm sure that the fencing work you do every year has a greater impact than this would.

Unhappy Re: Alberta Draws

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    WT - 1 out of 361 total licenses = 0.3%
    MD - 149/10,188 = 1.5%
    Elk - 32/1826 = 1.8%
    Moose - 104/11,114 = 0.9%
    Pronghorn - 14/678 = 2.1%

Total Licenses = 24,176
    Total NR Licenses = 300, 1.2%

Yup, this proposed change will really help the draw wait time....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Spoke with a couple of committee members. I have every reason to believe their words.

Seems the loudest voice calling for the end of NR Canadian Hunter Host licences (draw and general) IS as I suggested earlier,
    APOS (Alberta Professional Outfitter Society).

APOS is again complaining that they are losing potential revenue with the allowance of Hunter Hosted NRs....

Thumbs down Re: Alberta Draws

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    ... APOS is again complaining that they are losing potential revenue with the allowance of Hunter Hosted NRs....
    More than a bit of a reach IMO.
    Most of those I know who travel to Alberta to hunt these tags certainly are not in any position to engage an outfitter!
    Just "normal" hunters, without the deep pockets required to be personally catered to.

So, it appears that the residents are being sold a load of bunk suggesting their success rates will get better in order to secure their votes, which translates to direct support for the outfitters cornering the complete market for those from outside Alberta.
    Hmmm... Smacks of something their ilk in BC might have dreamed up...

Surveys will close soon.
    Here's the links if anyone is remotely interested:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VZD78H2

http://www.bowhunters.ca/

Nog

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Get rid of all the outfitter allocations and non resident draws for all species residents need to draw for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mule Buck View Post
    ... and non resident draws for all species residents need to draw for.
    I'm guessing reading comprehension wasn't your strongest point when (if?) you went to school...

Bottom line as has been well discussed here is that getting rid of those tags you mention regarding non-resident Canadians will NOT
    make ANY difference in your realized draw success rates.

Guess it does make sense though if you're a spiteful bassturd who simply wants to take away from others...

Cheers,
    Nog

Guess he got to Know me

I'm not a spiteful ******* but find it offensive when a non resident is pretending to know how Alberta residents feel with respect to our draw issues.

I'm not a spiteful ******* but find it offensive when a non resident is pretending to know how Alberta residents feel with respect to our draw issues.
    I am NOT at all "pretending to know how Alberta Residents feel with respect to your draw issues".
    Nowhere have I ever said that I was.
    I well understand the frustration most have (I have a LOT of Albertan Buddies & Family still there).
    And I was a Resident who was active in Conservation there for decades so well understand many of the issues.

What I HAVE been saying is that the current tack the various groups are taking in regards to non-resident Canadians will do NOTHING to rectify those issues.
    Yet those same groups are willing to LIE to you and suggest they will (while fully & completely understanding they are lying in this regard). You are being sucked into their scheme, and it is more than obvious you and many others are having perception difficulties understanding the TRUTH of the matter.

So yeah, continuing to beat the drum you just did is completely spiteful IMHO.

Have a great evening...
    Nog

Guess he got to Know me

Removing one single draw or allocation from a non resident/OG and giving it to our tax paying, opportunity restricted resident hunters would be a success.
    I'm not sure why that is hard for you to comprehend. You would clearly rather politicize the issue to continue to try to make us feel good while using our limited resource.
    This survey didn't just fall out of the sky.
    Albertans are sick of it all. Nothing personal. Spiteful bassturd.

Cool Re: Alberta Draws

Removing one single draw or allocation from a non resident/OG and giving it to our tax paying, opportunity restricted resident hunters would be a success...
    LOL! And once again, your stated notion is simply one of spite!
    Won't make any real difference to you or any other putting into the draws.
    But GhawdDammit, we sure showed those guys from BC!

I could see it if the resident draw success rates were to go up, say even as little as two percent.
    But they won't.
    And you (and every other Albertan) who thinks it will are going to end up waiting for exactly the same amount of time you did before this change.
    Enjoy.

The real drive behind this is the APOS and their greed to hold all non-res access in their hands.
    A shame you can't see it.
    A shame you bought into the kool-aid being served so well.

Nothing personal. Spiteful bassturd.

Cheers,
    Nog

Guess he got to Know me