Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta Draws

Re: Alberta Draws

Basically Alberta is going to be like BC?

Kind of but not really, NR will still be able to hunt the prime draw hunts on a partner licence and Alberta will still have a couple NR sheep tags available via draw.

I do appreciate the time and effort to explain the proposed changes..i always enjoy coming to Alberta and meeting friends old and new..and yes do some usually quality hunting.so my priority points system was the equivalent to BC LEH draw system ?
    Now the restriction would limit where and when i could hunt...general open season..
    There are that many moose I can just drive over buy a tag and go moose hunting general open season..? Restricted to remote areas outside the rut?
    Thanks TJ..I'm sure you were joking about not giving up your mule tag for a BC guy..lol can't blame for trying..
    Thanks guys
    Steven

Just giving you a hard time Srupp and yes, my posts are for information purposes only. The amount of misinformation and conspiracy theories surrounding this are mind blowing. One of the member groups may be softening their position on this a bit and AGPAC has until March 15 to write up their recommendations to government. There will likely be a few changes from what what originally put forward by committee.

I'm still working on buttering up my Alberta buddies to partner tag with me in the future just in case....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    I'm still working on buttering up my Alberta buddies to partner tag with me in the future just in case....lol
    I taught 2 of my Alberta buddies how to hunt so I have leverage lmao

Hmm my great handsome friendly intelligent Alberta is here next week..going to ply him with wine..great food cooked by Susan..in a hope to get back to hunt Alberta this fall..may have to throw another 14 pound rainbow via flyfishing trip this summer?
    Hope situation doesn't change..
    Steven

Well the draws are out for 2018 and the only changes I see are for the cancellation of the Bison Hunt. All this fear mongering for nothing.....But maybe the following year possibly ? I have no idea. Just Happy I can still Host a Non resident and they can use up their points they paid and applied for ..

A whole lot of hurt feelings for what turned out to be nothing this year.

Will it change in the future? Who knows? If I was a BC resident though, or really any out of province resident, and sitting on a bunch of priority points I’d be looking at using them up while I still could.

From what I could make out of it the rumour is based in fact and it is only a matter of time before the ability of non-residents to apply for limited entry draws will be affected.

I’d bet dollars to donuts though that there will still be a lot of people complaining about losing a pile of priority points next year if the proposed changes happen even though they have essentially now been given a one-year warning to use them.

Couldn't agree with you more FB.