Thread: Drop away arrow rest issue

Drop away arrow rest issue

Hey guys, recently ordered a PSE brute force lite and I'm still waiting for it to come in, with my luck though I figured if anything was going to go wrong with my current bow it would happen just before I try to sell it and sure enough the universe delivered. Went to the range to shoot some arrows before work this morning and about 20 arrows in I drew back and noticed that my pro series QAD drop away rest didn't flip up. Drew down, drew back again and this time it flipped up and functioned as usual. After that every 4 or 5 arrows it would fail to flip up no matter how many times I re-drew my bow and had to be operated manually, seemed to be falling away properly and operating fine other than that though...checked the ripcord and didn't see any issues there. Anybody had a similar experience or have any idea what might be going on? I did just put a new stabilizer on my bow over the weekend but can't see how that would effect the arrow rest like that. Thanks in advance fellas!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Drop away arrow rest issue

With the QAD you are not supposed to draw the bow with the rest in the full down position. You are supposed to flip the rest up into the arrow capture position and then draw the bow after that. It is supposed to be hard on the interior parts of the rest. With that said I don't see how its possible at all for the rest not to come up unless it is broken internally. The drop away cord ties into your down cable on the bow. When the down cable goes down that trap away cord HAS to go with it or if you use the clamp it will have to slide up the cable but if it slides up then it won't flip up as usual on the next shot like you said. When you say it didn't go up what was the cable doing? Was it tight and down in the proper position but just the prongs didn't raise up? On the thumb wheel there is a little white line that lines up with another white line on the body of the rest at full draw. Did those lines come together and line up with the prongs still down? If thats the case there has to be a major malfunction inside of the rest and you should get ahold of QAD. I have dealt with them before and they are super easy to deal with.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

^^^^^What he said!!^^^^^^

That could explain a lot then, I'm pretty new to compound archery but I've shot with a few experienced archers so not sure why they wouldn't have noticed and let me know...that being said I have noticed that it's pretty loud if I don't manually flip up the rest first, have never had a problem with it flipping up by itself when I get to about 85% full draw though. Will shoot some more arrows tomorrow morning flipping it up manually and see how it goes, don't think there's any internal issue like you described I think it seems more like a user error lol. Thanks for the insight though brother, much appreciated!