Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mt Edziza Goat draw

Mt Edziza Goat draw

So my wife and I got goat draws in Edziza. I've been researching this area for about a year now. I have a decent understanding of the area. My question to all the guys that have been there is where's a good place to start looking for goats. I've searched other posts and understand that spectrum range is the general area. I have booked a float plane to drop us off at Little Ball lake and pick us up at Little Arctic lake. If anyone has any tips I'm all ears. I'm booked to go in on August 28th. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by andrewheth; 06-19-2017 at 06:10 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Mt Edziza Goat draw

Nice adventure you've got planned!

Sounds like a good go! Keep us posted.
    " Size doesn't matter 'til the freezer is full!" - Dad

" If you buy a new gun, I get a new kitchen!" - my lovely wife

Sako Finnlight 300 WSM
    Rem 700 CDL 25.06 Rem

wanna spot a goat, look up ^

Looks like you have a great plan! I'm looking forward to pics of this hunt. When's your pick up date? I like goats hides from September 1st and on. A few cold mornings and the really start growing a good beard!

I got dropped off at little ball two years ago and hiked north from there looking for sheep, we didn't see a lot of game for such a nice low traffic area but we did see a fair number of goats. we hiked for a couple of days before even seeing a goat, there may be more wildlife to the south, good luck, and you are guaranteed to see awesome scenery on your trip. Did you apply for leh sheep?

No I didn't apply for sheep....next year maybe. I applied for caribou but didn't get it. Did you hike on the mowdade lake side of spectrum range which is the east or around the west side?

we were on the west side mainly and right down the middle in places, we walked north past raspberry creek then came back and got picked up at Mess lake. I saw only one caribou, I think they are mainly on the plateau near Mt Edzizza. Not sure about that though.

I've flown by the area a few times this year. Lots of goats in the steep bits.

Hiking north from Little Ball to Spectrum Range, i.e. ridges where you will find goats is quite a haul. I hope you and your wife are in very good shape. PM me if you want details about the area. I have traversed twice from Artic/ Little Ball to Buckley Lake.
    Might be worth hiking south towards Hankin Peak for goats - not sure. Definitely easier than heading north. If I recall we saw goat sign around Hankin but it's been over a decade. Watch out for grizz....