Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mt Edziza Goat draw

Re: Mt Edziza Goat draw

So as we get closer things are starting to fall into place.

I've used this trip as an excuse to upgrade my old pack frame. The wife and I even got out a couple times to try everything out. We had fairly major issue with the soles of our 2 year old scarpa boots. The soles were actually tearing off the boot. So now that we've managed to get warranty on the boots things are looking up but break in time is slipping away.

So so far the only thing I've made a mistake on was having the bright idea that we should get the topo maps printed on thin vinyl so we wouldn't have to worry about weathering them. Well that proved to be a waste of money, not only were they very hard to read because of the faint ink but very heavy. The three maps probably weigh in at around 3lbs. So back to paper maps we go...

We've decided to scrap the plan to fly out of Mess lake in exchange for Arctic lake. Mess lake has got to be a mess to get down to unless you walk way north and come down. I'd rather hunt the range rather than spend two days figuring out how to get down to Mess lake I think. We will still fly into Little Ball lake and leave ourselves a rather easy hike out to Arctic lake for pickup after 8 days in the high country.

A little over over two weeks to go!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewheth View Post
    So my wife and I got goat draws in Edziza. I've been researching this area for about a year now. I have a decent understanding of the area. My question to all the guys that have been there is where's a good place to start looking for goats. I've searched other posts and understand that spectrum range is the general area. I have booked a float plane to drop us off at Little Ball lake and pick us up at Little Arctic lake. If anyone has any tips I'm all ears. I'm booked to go in on August 28th. Thanks in advance.
    Fly into the Mowdady and once above tree line, you'll see goats. There's a guide camp as you get close to the ascent to the plateau. about a days hike from the drop. You should be able to see goats there.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Good call! Little Ball to Arctic Lake is an easy day. It's nice, you are on the plateau and can see everything.
    Mowdade Lake is bug infested hell, and you might see people in the area might be hunting or not. I cannot remember whether we saw goats on and around Hankin Peak. Hankin is spectacular and easy to get to from Little Ball.
    Good luck!