Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bull moose draw 3-35

Re: Bull moose draw 3-35

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    Also how does a map show a bridge is washed out. Once again thats first hand knowledge. I know there are tons of fsrs up there. Was just asking a couple questions knowing our pred problem is out of control everywhere else

Not sure if this will cover all of the wash-outs. But know it's accurate on one location that will impact me. BUT, figure that will reduce hunting pressure. I can get in there, but will take some work.

https://www.for.gov.bc.ca/dka/Engineering.htm

Cheers, VFX

Thanks for the info and heads up guys. Is the mule deer population decent? Might have to suffice with a buck if I can't find a moose. Looks like I'm headed up alone might have a buddy come up for a couple days. But no one wants to take time off when its not there draw. I'm going to head up October 7-15. Should be enough time to catch a glimpse of a bull. Do you moose hunters find calling efficient? Never tried it

I'm not the best moose hunter, but I know some guys that make it happen every year (GOS up north). They set up in a blind or a stand and cow call. Finding a place with good sight lines is key. I've called a bunch of moose into range like this, but have never had one come in with with the three brow tines or ten points required. Obviously this tactic is for the rut.
    A conservationist is an environmentalist with a gun.

Was up there scouting this weekend and I have some bad news. The Road on the east side of the Perry river is totally blocked by a slide at around the 8 km mark. I mean completely unpassable. Not even on a horse are you getting through. The west side has a couple of sketchy wash outs as well. Saw a young cow moose, a porcupine, about 500 bear scats, and a dead cougar on the highway. Good luck out there!