Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bull moose draw 3-35

Bull moose draw 3-35

Hey guys got lucky enough to get an October draw but have no knowledge of this area or about moose hunting for that matter. But am hoping to get up there and scout it out prior. Anyone know if the moose numbers are decent around there? Or will finding a bull be like looking for a needle in a hay stack? How effected is the area with Wolves and griz? Thanks everyone and best of luck to all this upcoming season.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bull moose draw 3-35

There is moose there, and a decent amount of sign, but yes lots of preds...

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    Hey guys got lucky enough to get an October draw but have no knowledge of this area or about moose hunting for that matter. But am hoping to get up there and scout it out prior. Anyone know if the moose numbers are decent around there? Or will finding a bull be like looking for a needle in a hay stack? How effected is the area with Wolves and griz? Thanks everyone and best of luck to all this upcoming season.
    Do people just look at a map and enter draws? Do u know most bridges were washed out years ago.? I believe they are repaired. But u entered without knowing that?

I got a moose draw last year aswell so I put into a random area not really expecting to get the draw with reduced odds

Also how does a map show a bridge is washed out. Once again thats first hand knowledge. I know there are tons of fsrs up there. Was just asking a couple questions knowing our pred problem is out of control everywhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Seymourarm View Post
    Do people just look at a map and enter draws? Do u know most bridges were washed out years ago.? I believe they are repaired. But u entered without knowing that?
    Someone sour they didn't get a draw?

I put in for the Spences Bridge or Kamloops lake sheep draws every year never having hunted there. I put in for Rosie Elk on the Island or up Stave every year never having hunted there. I put in for draws wherever I wish, having hunted there or not based on where I wish to explore and hunt. The number of draws given out for any specific area are based on harvest success rates, and account for those who will be successful, those who will go but be unsuccessful, and those who simply do not even attempt a hunt. Your chances of getting a draw in any one given area are the same regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymourarm View Post
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdown View Post
    Someone sour they didn't get a draw?
    No, not sour at all. I have to hunt alberta this year. I'm just surprised how many people enter in an unknown spot. A bridge in 336 was out a few years ago, I encountered several convoys that had driven a long way to get to upper seymour. They were stuck hunting a much less productive area.

Anyone have any information on the area rather than just wanting to bicker lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    Anyone have any information on the area rather than just wanting to bicker lol
    nope, get out there and check it out...