Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leh moose shared moose hunt 3-19 zone b

Leh moose shared moose hunt 3-19 zone b

Well, it's been seven years of applying for moose and finally we got it. We were successflul for 3-19 zone B which is east of the hway that runs from merrit to kamloops and runs straight north from Nicola Lake to Kamloops.

This is just a friendly request for info for the area, past experiences etc. No, I don't want to know your honey holes, or your prized info, but my two buddies and one's older dad are really excited for this opportunity. None of us have had a moose draw before and are respectful of the land, animals, and other hunters.

If you have any info to share via this thread or via private message i would be grateful. My wife is even thrilled that we might have a full freezer so she's letting me go scout the zone next weekend

Thanks again for reading,

Cheers,

Ol'Toyo

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Leh moose shared moose hunt 3-19 zone b

Good grief..... get out and look and learn. Thats all part of hunting.

Ol toyo hey -- what type of moose are you allowed to take? Bull, cow, antlerless? And what have you heard of any places (Lake names) to hunt moose that are popular in this 3-19 b?
    -- I can help you on here as we go towards your fantastic hunt, mu 3-19 in general is a wonderful unit.
    -- Don't panic we will find you thee spot as we talk on here.
    You have a well sought after leh tag on your hands now. Appreciate it and go for it!
    Jel -- keep posting your questions and i will help you the best I can. Fill the freezer with meat.
    -------------------------------------- congratulations on a super LEH tag -------------------------------
    Last edited by Jelvis; 06-17-2017 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Get out and use your tag, it's a winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Ol'Toyo View Post
    so she's letting me go scout the zone next weekend
    It looks like that is exactly what he is doing. Nothing wrong with asking for a tip or two as these Okanagan zones carry moose, but they can be highly concentrated in little rut zones. If you don't catch them first thing in the morning, and I mean first thing, you won't see hide nor hair of them for the remainder of the day, although if it's the October draw date, anything is possible. Come November they can be pretty scarce. Find the little zones, and concentrate your efforts there.

Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    Good grief..... get out and look and learn. Thats all part of hunting.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Thanks for the tips. I am getting out and looking and learning starting next weekend. We got drawn for the month of November and our group got 2 bull moose with any antler configuration. I believe Surrey Lake is a good area, but not sure. I'm going to start looking at google maps here this week and figure out where to start. Thanks for the Advice Whonnock Boy and Jelvis. It sounds like we will need to pinpoint some hotspots and then get out well before first light. Hopefully a little dusting of snow at the start so tracks are obvious will be a help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol'Toyo View Post
    month of November
    Ya, things can be tougher for sure. Doesn't help that the spike/fork season opens up at that time which adds to the hunting pressure. But.... the any bull draw makes it much easier. Don't hold your breath waiting for a hot tip, as the people that are regularly successful in the spike season, have pretty tight lips. Plan to be there for the 1st if you can, through to the November long weekend. That should give you a pretty good chance of finding a bull or two. Good luck.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

november the bulls are feeding, feeding, feeding....cover ground and glass lots you should be successful.

Used to plant a couple trailcams up McConnell lake Rd, just because it was convenient. Always had mooseon them. Good cutblock at 6 km that has a lot of deactivation and swampy area. Good luck

OK you mention Surrey Lake and that my leh winner friend is a good lake to hunt moose.
    So
    ------- two bulls with any antler configuration is funtastic news.
    ------- November will be snow for sure and you can see tracks in the fresh snow crossing the road and look and holy shamolly stop the twuck!
    ------- rut of moose is one month before the mule rut -- moose Sept 20 to Oct 20 -- mule October 20 to Nov 20
    ------- when hunting moose here you will see big mule deer as well as you drive and stalk.
    ------- this MU 3-19 like I said, " Very good area for moose and mules and huge grouse.
    ------- during November bulls will be by themselves but in the same general area as the cows
    ------- spike bull will be with mommy still so if you see three moose togedder, look for spike
    ------- moose love swamps and ponds and lakes
    ------- moose need four gallons of water a day.
    ------- bull needs to eat so
    ------- find areas with feed around marshes
    Gotta go toyo butt more as you have questions on area.
    Jelvis -- every body's got a hungry heart -- and a hungry stomach hahaha --Spring Steen -
    Last edited by Jelvis; 06-17-2017 at 01:00 PM.

The November draw is the one to get ... much easier than in Oct as chances are you will have snow . Do as the monasheeman says a Anand it should be a gimme for at least one bull