Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEH Moose draw 5-02D

LEH Moose draw 5-02D

Hello my spouse and myself both got a draw finally after many years applying in 5-02 Zone D for the early hunt. We reside on Vancouver Island and we are hoping to get time to scout the area after we are done with our haying. Can anyone give me some guidance on where we should focus our time. I have viewed the area on a topographical map but boots on the ground is better. If you have worked in the area or hunted the area please share your knowledge, I’m not looking for anyone’s honey hole and if I can return the favour on the island I'm always willing. We will be hunting out of our camper on our truck and will be hauling a trailer with supplies if anyone can further let me know of an area we can camp while hunting. Good luck to everyone. This will be our first moose hunt and very excited.
    Last edited by TedMcGill; 06-16-2017 at 07:28 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: LEH Moose draw 5-02D

Pm sent.
    Steven

We got the draw for this MU for the first two weeks of october, in the same boat as you. Will be watching this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by antileno View Post
    We got the draw for this MU for the first two weeks of october, in the same boat as you. Will be watching this thread!
    Sent you a pm with my phone number.i have been on the phone a lot to nite. .lol
    Tomorrow is our 28th wedding anniversary. .so no hunting discussion
    I did send you a lake to check out till we chat..
    I do not post locations online..nor do I make the same area suggestions to more than one group..nor can I type replies to all who ask..however I will call everyone who leaves a ph number.
    I appreciate all who have helped me over the years, decades.

Lol STILL looking for a cranker bighorn from Spenses Bridge..hint hint..lol
    Cheers
    Steven

From what I have heard nyland lake / maude lake area are good usually productive. That being said a lot of guys last year in that area came up empty handed. It might have been a case of not getting off the roads though. When the time comes if you are not having any luck, I do have a few honey wholes I could share for exchange of some island spots.

Thanks for the info I think I'm on the right track, I have narrowed it down to one area and I will be spending most of my time on the ground walking because of the time of year before the rut. I'm planning on going to them as I'm confident that they will not be coming to me. As recommended the last week I will start to call if I don't bag a moose before that date. Now I have to focus on deciding what to pack for the trip. As for island locations I hunt deer and bear only I have never been lucky enough to get a draw for Elk but when I'm hunting deer or trials riding I see them quite often.

Hi Guys, new to the forum and new to the area. A worst nightmare situation hahaha Not new to hunting and not new to moose just had to pick a closer zone to home this year for personal reasons (usually hunt 7-2. I don't think I'm hijacking the thread by asking this, but if anyone can suggest some camping spots in this zone for a small group that would be great! We usually don't go in blind to any areas we hunt in however as a result of this year's record wildfire activity we elected to stay out of the way firefighters and cancel our scouting trips. Anyway thanks in advance and for any local guys that have been affected by the fires my thoughts are with you. Our draw is for Sept 10-30 we will be coming up from the Sunshine Coast. PM me if anybody is in a bind to get something into town to help out with any losses, we'd be happy to assist.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster2 View Post
    Hi Guys, new to the forum and new to the area. A worst nightmare situation hahaha Not new to hunting and not new to moose just had to pick a closer zone to home this year for personal reasons (usually hunt 7-2. I don't think I'm hijacking the thread by asking this, but if anyone can suggest some camping spots in this zone for a small group that would be great! We usually don't go in blind to any areas we hunt in however as a result of this year's record wildfire activity we elected to stay out of the way firefighters and cancel our scouting trips. Anyway thanks in advance and for any local guys that have been affected by the fires my thoughts are with you. Our draw is for Sept 10-30 we will be coming up from the Sunshine Coast. PM me if anybody is in a bind to get something into town to help out with any losses, we'd be happy to assist.
    Send pm with phone number.
    Cheers
    Steven

Thanks Steven. Will do. I can provide some sheep details if your still looking

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster2 View Post
    Thanks Steven. Will do. I can provide some sheep details if your still looking
    Is the Pope Catholic?...YES TO SHEEP ESPN I ALL ROCKIES.
    srupp