Thread: Moose Draw in Region 4-38

Moose Draw in Region 4-38

After years of trying my family finally got a group LEH draw for Moose in 4-38 specifically Zone D which looks like the mountains behind Revelstoke. To be clear I was entered into the draw as an afterthought this was mostly my Dad's and brother hope - Not to say I'm not excited, just that I have no idea what this hunt entails.

I'm trying to get familiar with the area and know what I should be prepared for. I've hunted the area before but for bear in the summer, never in October or November.

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/spo...8_39_d_e_f.pdf

Looks like we'd be around:

Keystone Peak
    Standard Peak
    Carnes Peak - and Creek
    La Forme Creek
    Wesley Creek

The hunt is taking place hopefully in October but we have until the end of November. I looked up historical weather data and it seems like that region will have a fair bit of snow during that time? Can anyone recommend FSR's or other routes that would get access into the backwoods, or is it hiking only? How would an ATV do? What do the FSR's look like that time of year?

It looks like we might be close enough to retreat to a motel during the night so camping might not be an issue. (To be determined.)

Any information is greatly appreciated!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Moose Draw in Region 4-38

Pm me.
    Ill help you

The moose hunt there was created for extermination.
    There is still moose but eat your wheatys.do a scout trip and take two weeks

Yup, moose have been reduced in the area from >1600 to <300 to help with caribou recovery.

Still some there, just don't expect one around every corner. And be aware of the road closures, esp. Downie. Carnes is gated at 9 km for the mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Does anyone know of cabins or other hunter-friendly accommodations in the area? Hoping there are a few as its so close to Revelstoke.