Thread: LEH Harvest Report?

LEH Harvest Report?

We won a shared moose hunt, reading the authorization it says there is a special section at the bottom for 'Harvest Report'.....we aren't seeing that, have tried refreshing the authorization from our online account and still don't see it, have tried printing the authorization and only prints a single page...

Don't really think I'm too technologically challenged, but where is this special harvest report section?
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

2. Site Sponsor

Re: LEH Harvest Report?

Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    We won a shared moose hunt, reading the authorization it says there is a special section at the bottom for 'Harvest Report'.....we aren't seeing that, have tried refreshing the authorization from our online account and still don't see it, have tried printing the authorization and only prints a single page...

Don't really think I'm too technologically challenged, but where is this special harvest report section?
    I think you will get a letter with that section provided. Did you get an email notification from the Govt that the LEH draw was completed? Said that for shared moose, a letter will be sent with this info for the harvest.

hmm, have not yet received any email...maybe I'm just impatient, I'm sure their system is still overloaded today lol

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    hmm, have not yet received any email...maybe I'm just impatient, I'm sure their system is still overloaded today lol

This was my email:

Dear B.C. Hunter,

The 2017 Fall LEH Draw is now complete.

Sign in to your Fish and Wildlife (FWID) profile at www.gov.bc.ca/hunting to view your results. In your Fish and Wildlife profile, under LEH Options, click on View LEH History. If the status of your application indicates Successful, click on the link under Application Type to confirm which Hunt Code you have been authorized for. If you were successful you can view and print your LEH authorization from your profile under the LEH Authorizations link or at any Service BC or FrontCounter BC location.

NOTICE: LEH authorizations are no longer mailed to successful applicants. Hunters do not need to carry their authorization while hunting. If a hunter has won a shared moose or bison hunt authorization, they are required to carry the harvest report section of the LEH authorization while hunting.

If you were successful in the 2017 fall draw, you will receive a letter in the mail in the next few weeks, providing you with special instructions about your hunt. Starting in 2018, successful applicants will be required to go online or visit a Service BC or FrontCounter BC office to view both their authorizations and the special instructions related to those authorizations.

For general information regarding Limited Entry Hunting in B.C., please refer to the 2017/2018 LEH Synopsis.

You can purchase your hunting and species licences online at www.bc.ca/hunting, or in person at Service BC, FrontCounter BC or participating vendor locations. You must carry photo ID with you at all times while hunting in B.C.

If you harvest an animal for which Compulsory Inspection is required, be sure to take photo ID and your species licence with you when you go to the provincial inspector. If you harvested the animal under an LEH authorization, the inspector will request your LEH serial number, located at the top right corner of your LEH authorization.

Have Questions? Please visit the Hunting page at www.gov.bc.ca/hunting. For assistance, please call our toll-free help line at 1-877-855-3222 or visit us in person at any Service BC or FrontCounter BC location.

Sincerely,
    The Fish and Wildlife Branch

The harvest report is just the thing you fill out to make sure everyone in the group knows someone harvested an animal so you don't take more than you are allowed. I don't think anyone ever uses them.
    "Fight back, no battles have ever been won by a coward"

Click the Save/Print button and you will get a PDF version of the authorization that should have the harvest report bit on the bottom.
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.