Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulkley and Skeena Rivers Closed

Post Bulkley and Skeena Rivers Closed

Recreational fishing closure announced on the Bulkley and Skeena rivers

http://www.mybulkleylakesnow.com/164...eena-rivers-2/

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bulkley and Skeena Rivers Closed

Well new the shit had to hit the fan sooner or later!....The past few years the Chinook fishing has been going downhill real bad ...Some locals say the June fishery was great but according to the test fishery he was full of shit!...Sockeye fishing was however very good and I cant see them closing that unless it falls of the page too..Watch out Kitimat! ....Looks like it will be the only fishery .....Dennis

I'm all for industry and I understand it would effect many lively hoods but maybe it's time to slow down on the commercial fishery

Maybe?......
    Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    I'm all for industry and I understand it would effect many lively hoods but maybe it's time to slow down on the commercial fishery
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Us folks up north are dangerously close to seeing what is happening on the Fraser. It's sad,

guest Guest

No surprise here, DFO and the federal politicians not giving a rats ass about our West Coast Salmon fishery and its management. Expect more and more of this, all over.

Duh?? What's happened to our fishery ?

Manage to Zero ........ That appears to be the goal and the lack of support for our wild fish, and the growth of the sickening fish farms up and down the coast.

Manage to Zero.

Well, Chinook have been on the decline since the 90's. Just sad to see they are cutting back the resident rod anglers that do the least damage to the population. Still allowed to hit the river to catch and release steelhead and trout though...

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    No surprise here, DFO and the federal politicians not giving a rats ass about our West Coast Salmon fishery and its management. Expect more and more of this, all over.

Duh?? What's happened to our fishery ?

Manage to Zero ........ That appears to be the goal and the lack of support for our wild fish, and the growth of the sickening fish farms up and down the coast.

Manage to Zero.
    Exactly what DFO has planned. Divide and conquer with plenty of time to do it.

Time to keep the FN off the river. If the runs are in that bad of shape everyone should be closed.
    Same bullshit down here on the Fraser, except our runs are in far worse shape.
    And still constant FN openings. Only a matter of time before both systems are netted to extinction!!!

I'm all for native tradition rights. I am not for them using our technology. That means no firearms, nylon net, motorized transportation...