Thread: Shared moose hunt

Shared moose hunt

I just drew a shared moose hunt in region 8 with two friends in october. My question is... if two of us shot a bull moose each, would the third guy be aloud to shoot a spike during open season? Thanks for any input...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Shared moose hunt

You bet! One moose per person. If you fill both LEH tags, the guy without a moose can still partake in the spike fork GOS. Those who cancelled their tags are done for moose.

Yes, he would be allowed. But he is only allowed to harvest one moose a year. So if he shoots one in another part of the province before your draw period is up, he cannot harvest any other moose. He can still assist you on the LEH hunt, but he can't do any "hunting" of the moose.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

yes because it would be a GOS harvest
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Or..... the first guy can shoot a spike fork, and the last two can go out for the LEH.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Bear_Man View Post
    You bet! One moose per person. If you fill both LEH tags, the guy without a moose can still partake in the spike fork GOS. Those who cancelled their tags are done for moose.
    This................