Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5-13 moose draw

Re: 5-13 moose draw

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    There are lots of moose if you want to get out of your vehicle and look for them, we ran into moose almost everyday.
    My friends were also hunting same area and time and only saw one bull in 7 days. Because they stayed close to the road. There are a few grizz running around. People camping up the road did have a problem with a bear but they left us alone.
    this is my story from last year
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...t=archery+bull
    Thanks Allan, great story and photos from last year. I would be tickled if my son were able to see a moose like that, let alone get a shot at him. We tend to spend a lot of time walking timber edges and cut blocks, I hope we get lucky.

Re: 5-13 moose draw

The rut is from Sept mid to Oct 7 or so strong and the moose are active, looking for some nooky.
    -- they are up and looking for the opposite sex and want it bad like roaming around bug eyed.
    -- they become vocal and respond to calls, like humans do. Hey sweety hang on I'm coming over.
    -- that's how you can find them in the bush, when your by a road, you hear them respond.
    Learn to moose call properly and it will get you to see a bull respond.
    -- now you wait and call a few, not tooo many, just a call or two than stop and look and listen hard
    -- You can use a bull grunt, cow moan or a calf in distress
    -- Bull will respond to all, the calf distress is when a bull is near calf's mommy, the calf cry' out.
    So now a bull hears your calf distress call and thinks some cow is being hassled by a bull and goes over there to get in on the action. Your calling tho, so he don't know dat. haha.
    -- only use one type of call at a time till you get a response.
    -- Road hunt along moose areas early morning slowly by meadows and ponds and cut blocks.
    -- Good luck with the moose hunt, it will be funtastic for sure you gotta good draw there.
    Jelvis in Kammy -- you gotta winner leh tag there for sure.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 06-24-2017 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Learn to call and practise with the boys togedder