Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5-13 moose draw

5-13 moose draw

Hello folks, my son and I drew moose tags for 5-13C in October. My younger son also wants to come and even with no moose tag I would like help him harvest his first big game animal. There appear to be some mulies in this area but can anyone tell me if there are white tailed deer around there as well?

Thanks, I appreciate any info you are willing to share.
    Last edited by davbut20; 06-16-2017 at 12:11 AM. Reason: spelling error

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 5-13 moose draw

Your more likely to see a black bear.

Yes there are white tail in the area

We will be up there during your hunt for mulies then transition over to our moose hunt. You will see bear (both types), mulies, and moose. Very unlikely to see any whitetail in 15C, more likely on the drive out in 5-02 (99%private).
    best of luck and save a few moose for use nov LEH'ers!!!

There are lots of moose if you want to get out of your vehicle and look for them, we ran into moose almost everyday.
    My friends were also hunting same area and time and only saw one bull in 7 days. Because they stayed close to the road. There are a few grizz running around. People camping up the road did have a problem with a bear but they left us alone.
    this is my story from last year
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...t=archery+bull

i live in this area hunted spring bear lots of mule deer didn't see any whitetail did see a monster bull moose and a good solid 8ft grizzly lots of black bears ans grizzly tracks. I'm still new hear but pm me if you need help ill help you the best i can.

i have heard there is whitetail there but in all the years i have been hunting 5-13 i have only seen muleys

The whitetail population is growing in 5-13 but they are mostly in 5-13B. Closer to Quesnel and out the blackwater river. Same with the Mule deer mostly in 5-13B. They are in C but in pockets and the bucks are almost always nocturnal. Good moose hunting if you can find a spot away from active logging, its pretty busy out there right now. Find a road that its being used and hike a bit and call they will be rutting hard mid September to mid October.

More years ago than I care to think about we got a little whitetail in the C zone. Was definitely more mulies around then though. My two buddies and I got two mule deer bucks and the whitetail before ten on our first morning. But that was before the antler restrictions on mule deer. We used to go on a "jerky" hunt in the beginning of hunting season to supply us with snacks for the rest of the season.

Good luck, have fun.

Thanks to everyone who replied, your information has been very helpful. We will be there from Sept. 30 - Oct 14. I have always been a drive to a place that I can walk from hunter so getting off the beaten path will not be a problem and both my son will be along to do the heavy lifting if we get lucky. I will pass on whatever I find out to those interested when I get back.
    Good luck this season.