Thread: Kincolith

Kincolith

Going to try fishing halibut, salmon and crab out of kincolith.
    Anyone have any info?never been there before.
    Beer so much more than a breakfast drink.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Kincolith

Good fishing, crazy currents like you have never seen before. Do not tie up more then 2 wide or you will be on the rocks when tide goes out. Launch can be iffy at it's very best. Best of luck and let us know how it goes

I fish the Nass/Cranberry/Kiteen every summer and have often thought of doing what you suggest.

I'll be watching this thread to see if anybody has great things to say.

Good luck.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Oh forgot to mention they closed the skeena fishery today and are talking about closing the nass as well

Never fished the area, but was part of the pump house installation back in the 80's.
    Pretty country out there.
    Watch for the hanging Ooligins.

I find it hard to believe they would close the Nass also. Most of those rivers anglers are limited to 1 Chinook a month. But I didn't think they would bend over for the Natives either so I have been wrong before.

Kincolith: like others have said, lots of water moving through there. Try to hit smaller tides. Halibut fishing ok in June. Crabbing alright, have to work for them. Salmon, never trolled their myself but have talked to others. They caught fish but wasn't lots of action. I'd say Rupert is a better bet. But if your looking for fishing with less competition. Kincolith is the place to go. If the weather allows you to fish you should catch something.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou_lou View Post
    I find it hard to believe they would close the Nass also. Most of those rivers anglers are limited to 1 Chinook a month. But I didn't think they would bend over for the Natives either so I have been wrong before.

Kincolith: like others have said, lots of water moving through there. Try to hit smaller tides. Halibut fishing ok in June. Crabbing alright, have to work for them. Salmon, never trolled their myself but have talked to others. They caught fish but wasn't lots of action. I'd say Rupert is a better bet. But if your looking for fishing with less competition. Kincolith is the place to go. If the weather allows you to fish you should catch something.
    Sorry but have to disagree, crabbing there is some of the best, especially mid summer, trouble is the current so you do need to be quick and precise but plenty of Dungeness. Buy a American license and go for big Hali across the channel

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    Sorry but have to disagree, crabbing there is some of the best, especially mid summer, trouble is the current so you do need to be quick and precise but plenty of Dungeness. Buy a American license and go for big Hali across the channel
    I'd suggest people look into the specifics before buying an American license and bringing over sized halibut a back into Canadian waters. If it were that easy everyone would be doing it...

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou_lou View Post
    I'd suggest people look into the specifics before buying an American license and bringing over sized halibut a back into Canadian waters. If it were that easy everyone would be doing it...
    It is that easy, I've done it several times out of Stewart-hyder. What you do in American waters the dfo has no jurisdiction over.
    Beer so much more than a breakfast drink.

Quote Originally Posted by chinooker View Post
    It is that easy, I've done it several times out of Stewart-hyder. What you do in American waters the dfo has no jurisdiction over.
    ☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️ what he said,