Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canned hunts?

Re: Canned hunts?

I wish I could hunt fallow, but I think it's all private now.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    I go on a canned hunt every Saturday. My neighbour feeds his Schedule C rabbits, releases them into my yard, and I hunt them.

One day my wife will have uneaten strawberries . . .
    awesome, just awesome !!

I've been invited on a few pheasant "farm" shoots. If you don't have a good dog your not going to get any pheasants. You have a good dog and you'll get more birds than you put out.

As long as you call it what it is and it isn't detrimental to wild populations, I don't have an issue with it.

A number of years ago I went with a bunch of friends to a ranch in Ontario to hunt wild boars with arrows and spears. It was really fun.Ultimately the boars couldn't run off the ranch due to the fence, but it's not like it was shooting livestock. (I've done lots of that, too) The boars ran, hid, we chased, set up ambushes and drives...Two days of pretty hard work and fun and the reward was some excellent free range boar meat. No regrets at all,it was fun and we weren't pretending we were that we were doing something something that we weren't.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    A number of years ago I went with a bunch of friends to a ranch in Ontario to hunt wild boars with arrows and spears. It was really fun.Ultimately the boars couldn't run off the ranch due to the fence, but it's not like it was shooting livestock. (I've done lots of that, too) The boars ran, hid, we chased, set up ambushes and drives...Two days of pretty hard work and fun and the reward was some excellent free range boar meat.
    I was in Texas a couple of weeks ago doing a boar hunt. It was a blast and you really had to hunt for the boars. I got some nice meat and will go back for more next year.

I've done both a pheasant hunt and a boar hunt in the last couple years. I felt ambivalent about both afterwards, but my kid absolutely loved it. (Breaded pheasant fingers and brined/smoked boar ham assuaged my feelings of guilt.)

PM me if you'd like more details about either hunt.

Awesome feedback as always guys! Thanks.

John
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    I go on a canned hunt every Saturday. My neighbour feeds his Schedule C rabbits, releases them into my yard, and I hunt them.

One day my wife will have uneaten strawberries . . .
    that was awesome surreyboy..i laughed hard.....got any good meals out them thar varmits