Thread: mu 7-37 to 7-41 caribou

mu 7-37 to 7-41 caribou

Anyone have info on these area I'm considering a aug hunt unless i get 5-12 leh.
    been hook on hunting caribou the last few months.
    any info is appreciated

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: mu 7-37 to 7-41 caribou

Not a species typically targeted in those locations most I have heard of where by chance..

Ifyou want caribou think alpine.

Thanks
    That kinda what i thought seems like a weird area for them.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    Not a species typically targeted in those locations most I have heard of where by chance..

Ifyou want caribou think alpine.

There are a couple of smaller herds in the southern part of those zones. In the Fall they are in the alpine. I'd suggest farther north you can get in those zone the better odds of finding one. Check out government caribou studies in the Mackenzie TSA on the net and you can probably get a good idea of where they are.

Iv hunted in 7-41 a few times, always seen bou sign above timberline, but no actual sightings, mind you we weren't looking for bou, but their there.

got 5 12 leh today

There are caribou in the area but sparse and hard to find. The outfitter out of Pelly lake hunts caribou above Tomias Lake on Chase Mnt there is a good herd in that area, however access is a nightmare. Seen caribou on Barrier Mnt just south of Pelly lake and in the Russell range, never seen caribou on the Eastern side of Williston, but as Decker stated I have seen sign of caribou so they are around. I've heard from locals that there is excellent caribou hunting around Mnt Melvin and up Flameau creek (way up the ingenika river) and there are BC book bou from this area. End of day not a slam dunk by any means. In 4 years in that area doing substantial scouting and hunting only ever saw a handful of bulls and only 2 legal ones. Good luck.

I know the local native hunt by ingenika but shoot any bou most harvest were fluke..one guy I know had a moose tag and a big bull caribou challenged him while he was unloading his boat..in the fall I agree with above can happen but low odds..