Thread: Lac La Hache

Lac La Hache

Anyone ever fish for Lakers I it or can give me input where the best place is for them...mite try to win 500 bucks this weekend....

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Lac La Hache

I have. Beleive it or not but all my buddy's laughed when I pulled out a gold plated flasher and a glow in the dark hootchie needle fish. The laughing stopped real quick when I pulled in a 13 lb laker and then later that day a 23lb.
    Ive fished that lake for the last 7 years and it's always slow because we go in July. I would imagine it's a lot better this time of year. Give it a shot and fish ocean gear. It works.
    also caught them on a spin n glo behind a flasher as well.

i really want to catch a burbot in that lake. There was a huge dead one floating one year that must have been 15lb. I can't seem to catch them though

We fish just south of Kokanee bay and the islands there.
    good luck
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    I have. Beleive it or not but all my buddy's laughed when I pulled out a gold plated flasher and a glow in the dark hootchie needle fish. The laughing stopped real quick when I pulled in a 13 lb laker and then later that day a 23lb.
    Ive fished that lake for the last 7 years and it's always slow because we go in July. I would imagine it's a lot better this time of year. Give it a shot and fish ocean gear. It works.
    also caught them on a spin n glo behind a flasher as well.

i really want to catch a burbot in that lake. There was a huge dead one floating one year that must have been 15lb. I can't seem to catch them though

We fish just south of Kokanee bay and the islands there.
    good luck
    The information above is very accurate..south of Kokanee bay..
    The bigger the spoon , or lure..the bigger the fish...a work mate of mine constantly pulled monster Lakers out of there..he claimed his down rigger really helped hit the sweet spot in depth..i was actually surprised at the large size of the spoons Kenny used.
    If you decide to go and need a down rigger for a tin boat? ..i have a Scotty down rigger that clamps to the side of a small tin boat..also some cannon balls weights and release clips you can borrow..I'm in Williams Lake..
    A sonar unit would be greatly Benicial to locate these behemoths. .and then surgically locate your spoon just above the sonar images..Fish located at 90 feet..set spoon depth for 86 feet..Fish see much better what's just above them rather than on their level and below..
    Big fish send big echoes..arches on sonar unit...and in tournaments SIZE matters lol..go big or go home..
    Cheers
    Steven

Thanks guys and thanks for offer srupp . I am well equipped for Laker fishing and have had success at other lakes. Yes getting down there is crucial. I use big rapala fish looking baits at other lakes but also have some big spoons. So South of kokanee bay like by the island? Or South side of island?

South side of the island as well as the rocky bottom area southeast of the big island.
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Never managed to figure out the lakers or burbott in there but limiting out on rainbows and kokanee was never an issue!!

Anyone know of a public launch in that area. Resorts do not allow day use or launching

just north of kokanee bay at the day use area.
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    just north of kokanee bay at the day use area.
    thanks, one I found...skunked! Lots of boats and not many fish apparently.