Thread: North American Longbow Safari in Courtenay??

North American Longbow Safari in Courtenay??

Is anyone going to the 35th North American Longbow Safari July 1 and 2. I never heard of it before a couple days ago. Sounds like strictly for longbows with wooden arrows and broad heads.

Sounds like an interesting shoot. I won't be there, but I hope someone posts a report and a couple photos after the shoot.
    - Montani semper liberi

Have Boots Will Travel

2. Site Sponsor

Re: North American Longbow Safari in Courtenay??

I won't be attending, but the NALS has a long and storied history. Sometimes upwards of 500 shooters in attendance. I'm not sure what the attendance will be like this year, but it was/is pre registration and registration was cut off May 15th. So its a popular event and well attended.

All signed up and alway's a good time to be had

I am going. Reservations for shoot, motel and ferries all made. Looking forward to meeting many new trad friends from Canada and the USA.
    SD

We'll be there, making a week of it.

Really excited about it, its been on my radar for a long time. always good to catch up with the usual one string suspects and lots of opportunity for new friends.
    Currently crafting some new sticks for the use of and getting my longbow all tuned up.

Expecting a good time

The shoot was great. Good targets and terrain and the weather cooperated as well. It was nice to meet and shoot with people from Nevada, California, Idaho and Arkansas as well as other States and Provinces.

Shooting wood arrows and broad heads at targets just feels so right. Thanks to Courtenay club for taking this event on. There is a thread on Stickbow.com with pictures for those interested.
    SD