Thread: Side by side shopping.

Re: Side by side shopping.

WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

The konker has a wicked one, 250cc and it's a 8 passenger but good on fuel, large dump box but all instructions are in another language
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

For all of you with the 60" wide models, do you ever find them limiting? (i.e. have you ever said "damn, I can't get through there" and then a quad goes through?)

Just thinking about the options.

Quote Originally Posted by AgSilver View Post
    For all of you with the 60" wide models, do you ever find them limiting? (i.e. have you ever said "damn, I can't get through there" and then a quad goes through?)

Just thinking about the options.
    Yep. I can't go places that I used to go on the quads but i'm ok with that. being safe and comfy with tons of cargo space and able to talk with buddy is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorwash View Post
    So has anyone tried out the canam defender?
    Demo one! Night and day compared to the ranger. I almost went the polaris route but after trying one of these out the quality, the cab storage and layout the clutching and gearing pretty much everything about them is better.

I know 2 people who have recently purchased new side by sides, one Polaris General and the the other is a Yamaha Wolverine, both are very happy with their choices and were cheaper than a Can-am.

I like the canam defender. there seems to be a lot of thought put into the cockpit and storage areas. I know one guy that owns one and is really unimpressed with it tho, I suppose you get that with any product. I do like the rotax engine in them.
    they are 62" wide and alot heavier than the ranger tho. a few thousand more as well.
    I wish that 50" rzr had just a little more storage.

My 2013 570 RZR, just dusted its belt last fall,4500 miles. It has been a great comfortable machine .There is no comparison to a quad. Much safer more comfort,drives like a car. Packed deer and all the gear ,backpacks,chainsaw fuel ,cook stove,slings, chain, winch and baddog bumper,spare belt and tools.200ft of cable,etc.No problem.
    Will go just about anywhere.Check the RZR Forum lots of great and neccesary info on it. Really easy to service as well.

being able to fit your SxS in the back of your truck really gives you way more options down the road too! Think about that before you buy a bigger model, not to mention fitting down some of the smaller trails and tighter corners
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by elksmasher View Post
    My 2013 570 RZR, just dusted its belt last fall,4500 miles. It has been a great comfortable machine .There is no comparison to a quad. Much safer more comfort,drives like a car. Packed deer and all the gear ,backpacks,chainsaw fuel ,cook stove,slings, chain, winch and baddog bumper,spare belt and tools.200ft of cable,etc.No problem.
    Will go just about anywhere.Check the RZR Forum lots of great and neccesary info on it. Really easy to service as well.
    If you ever need to replace your suspension bushings. Look at DK Off-road out of Alberta.
    I bought their complete eurethane kit to replace every bushing on my XP and they have outlasted the stock bushings incredibly.
    About the only issue I have had with my xp was the bushings. I greased them regularly and they still wore out bad.