Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Side by side shopping.

Re: Side by side shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    Keep in mind if you will be using it to hunt up north at all, some of the ATV corridors have weight restrictions. Used to be 500 kg, not sure if it still is.
    Where is this found?

If your in the market I would suggest finding a friend with one, regardless of brand figure out what you want, what you like and what want. Keep in mind for the money you can get a pretty good Toyota

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    Where is this found?
    http://www.muskwa-kechika.com/manage...ess-management contains the following zip file with routes:

https://www.for.gov.bc.ca/tasb/slrp/...utes_legal.zip

I'm super interested in a 50" SxS too. If only I could convince my wife of the benefits.

Best I can tell, the candidates are (in no particular order):

Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail
    CFMoto ZForce 500 HO or 800 Trail
    Honda Pioneer 500
    Polaris (a couple of models I think)

any others?

We use the honda 500's at work. Kind of a POS really. Under powered, no box, 5 speed tranny with hand flipper shifting, no low range...

Quote Originally Posted by AgSilver View Post
    I'm super interested in a 50" SxS too. If only I could convince my wife of the benefits.

Best I can tell, the candidates are (in no particular order):

Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail
    CFMoto ZForce 500 HO or 800 Trail
    Honda Pioneer 500
    Polaris (a couple of models I think)

any others?
    Honestly I would steer clear of the Moto and the Honda.

We tried the Honda's out under a few different conditions and for the money you can do better. There is a reason the Moto is cheaper.

Bang for the buck you can't go wrong with the big 3, Polaris, Arctic cat or can-am. If you don't over abuse them they last and hold their value more so then most "toys". Some brands more so then others. Like anything else they all have the good, bad and ugly pro's and cons. Something to consider is size, family size and hp. Bigger machines require trailers but the more sporty machines that fit in the truck box don't have the box or payload capacity.

I'm particular to Polaris machine's as we have two and work them daily. Use them on the farm, trail riding and hunting and fishing trips. Our models aren't racers or jumpers but we got everywhere the sport models do, just not as fast. But half the time those guys are waiting for us anyway because we pack the chainsaw​, air compressor, axe, tool kit, cooler, firewood, boat etc.

My suggestion would be to contact a local ATV and pick the members brains. Some of the members put their machines through some extreme situations. They will give you the best information.

We purchased a Yamaha Rhino three years ago with 30 hours on it. We have taken it to some rough places.
    As stated there is a lot of engine noise and I wish it was a twin cylinder instead of a single.
    Find an independent ATV mechanic and get there advice.

PM me and I'll send you a number of the mechanic we have used.

Keep in mind the ranger has a bench seat,so you'll have to hang on a bit tighter during the fear factor times you may encounter... as opposed to some of the other sxs...overall having the opportunity of riding in one... its quiet,cooler weather I was a lot warmer... engine heat....stayed also a bit cleaner overall from the mud slinging also.

Polaris, never had an issue, all my buddies have been fine
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

I've had a Yamaha Rhino for about 6 years now. Very reliable, tough and capable.

It is noisy from inside because the engine is right there, but I find they aren't that loud from the outside. I rigged a windshield and heater for mine. Waaayyy more comfortable than a quad, and the dump box is pretty handy.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Check out www.snowandmud.com for chats, forums and general discussion about anything really. Lots of fellow minded folks there and good information that could possibly help you make your decision.
    Cheers