Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Side by side shopping.

Re: Side by side shopping.

If you go with a new polaris ... get the Turf mode delete kit ...
    that said I have a 2006 Polaris ranger 700

awesome machine and will go literally anywhere I point it with the locking diff and good tires ... Never really came across a point where I couldn't fit on a 2 track ATV trail if I did its a rare case and a chainsaw would take care of that issue in a hurry
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Keep in mind if you will be using it to hunt up north at all, some of the ATV corridors have weight restrictions. Used to be 500 kg, not sure if it still is.
    Kept me from purchasing one last year, but about half the machines up there were SXS.
    Arctic cat trail would be my purchase.

For the guys with the 50" rzrs, how do you pack your game out? It seems to me like theres not enough room in the box but I hear of guys doing it

In chunks probably, the same as us guys with atv's do...

The weight restriction topic is a valid concern. I was nailed in the Sikinni River area with my rhino a couple years back - CO was on the sat phone for an hour collecting information about the weight of my machine and what he could do. He was trying to arrange for a helicopter to come in from FSJ and have it flown to the airstrip on my dime plus confiscate it. My rhino is 1142 lbs/518kg.(owners manual) It is one of the lighter SxS's out there. 18kg over limit. I ended up loosing the use of it for the rest of the trip, couldn't use it to haul out our gear and had to pay a fine that if wasn't paid in 30 days would potentially cause the loss of my hunting license. I stopped going to that area because of this. Others in that area didn't seem to be affected by the rules, such as the guide/outfitter in the area that pulled up days later in his Ford pick up! Small rant, but basically the weight issue can be real. Oh, and it doesn't matter if you have 3000 lbs of moose/elk/buf stacked in your trailer behind your machine, because that would be ok. Crazy rule??

Ouch...!! doesnt make any sense to me..

Every time I see the title I think it's about shotguns. I must really want that coach gun I've been looking at.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroodle View Post
    The weight restriction topic is a valid concern. I was nailed in the Sikinni River area with my rhino a couple years back - CO was on the sat phone for an hour collecting information about the weight of my machine and what he could do. He was trying to arrange for a helicopter to come in from FSJ and have it flown to the airstrip on my dime plus confiscate it. My rhino is 1142 lbs/518kg.(owners manual) It is one of the lighter SxS's out there. 18kg over limit. I ended up loosing the use of it for the rest of the trip, couldn't use it to haul out our gear and had to pay a fine that if wasn't paid in 30 days would potentially cause the loss of my hunting license. I stopped going to that area because of this. Others in that area didn't seem to be affected by the rules, such as the guide/outfitter in the area that pulled up days later in his Ford pick up! Small rant, but basically the weight issue can be real. Oh, and it doesn't matter if you have 3000 lbs of moose/elk/buf stacked in your trailer behind your machine, because that would be ok. Crazy rule??
    exactly...thats why I might go with a used 450 vs some of the 660's, 700 or even bigger rigs
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

I think the polaris rzr 570 trail is 996 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    YUP i think the Yammy Wolverine is a Serious contender ! RJ
    I agree, so much so that I bought one a few months ago. I love it!