Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woody update #12 Last one?

Woody update #12 Last one?

This will be my last post for the spring. We had excellent results this season and some really great images from the trail cams. I hope those of you who followed along enjoyed the updates and it gave you something to occupy your waterfowl offseason for a few months.
    We were pleased today to see another first on our trail cams as well as 2 new birds starting to sit on eggs since our last check. Looks like 10 hatches out on the farm, we have 10 boxes there but one was inactive and cleaned out and wasn't re-used. But another hatched out box was reused so very good percentage and we will be expanding our project further along the slough next year.
    If we come across anything unusual in the next few checks I'll add a photo here, but lately I've gotten a few thousand pictures of blowing long grass and cranes on the cameras!
    But nice to capture this moment for once!

Buddi doing what she does best!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Woody update #12 Last one?

Nice picture of the heron on the neat box. Not good news for the residents on the nest box.

I really enjoyed these threads, thanks Dano! Cute picture of the chick poking their head out of the box.
    KCCO

Awesome work & pics again Dano

Thanks for all the comments guys!
    We did our marsh check this morning and found 3 new boxes being used. Seems so late in the nesting season but today we saw more Woodys in the area than on previous checks combined.
    Strange that on other trips we didn't even see a woody on any sloughs but found plenty of hens in the boxes.
    We've identified areas that we will add nest boxes to and expect even better results next year.
    Todays hens and a couple area pictures.

And I'll say again Dano, very well done and much appreciated! Nice to see a species that was slowly diminishing get a nice bump like you guys are doing! K

Nice pics! Lol, when I was a kid I really liked wood ducks. Cool looking bird.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Thanks for all the effort you and your cohorts have put forth. Stellar role models, all of you.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Looks like Photobucket deleted my photos.
    I cant afford the money they want to allow "third party hosting" so hope you guys enjoyed the pictures while it lasted.....