Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lying on an PAC application

Re: Lying on an PAC application

just be truthful...

I had a falling out with one of my references, he refused to call them back...I called and explained with the CFO office, no problems at all, they seemed to barely care and PAL was issued without issue
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

They didn't even call my wife when I applied, but that was almost 5 years ago

Hey, I'm a lawyer (not a criminal lawyer) but I had a quick read of the act. Don't lie on a PAL application. First off lying on a declaration is an offence and believe it or not can fetch prison time and certainly fines.

In this case you are looking at the firearms act which is a federal piece of legislation. Section 106 is what you want to look at. Punishments set out in section 109. I've copy pasted from the gov't page for your reference. Looks like you can get up to 5 years in the slammer

• 106 (1) Every person commits an offence who, for the purpose of procuring a licence, registration certificate or authorization for that person or any other person, knowingly makes a statement orally or in writing that is false or misleading or knowingly fails to disclose any information that is relevant to the application for the licence, registration certificate or authorization.

109 Every person who commits an offence under section 106, 107 or 108, who contravenes subsection 29(1) or who contravenes a regulation made under paragraph 117(d), (e), (f), (g), (i), (j), (l), (m) or (n) the contravention of which has been made an offence under paragraph 117(o)

• (a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years; or
      • (b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

Not trying to scare anyone, but why lie on a PAL application. Tell your friend of a friend of a cousin's buddy not to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by elknut View Post
    So have a question ...If someone knowingly falsifies an application on a PAL ....Does not put in his spouse and only applies by himself what ramifications can he face ?...If you have a common law spouse and do not include her in the application ...Is the person liable for a criminal charge ?.Can the firearms officer revoke his PAL and seize his firearms ?..
    I'm no lawyer, but I'd say if the CFC found out you intentionally omitted required information you'd probably ,at a minimum ,get your application cancelled. If they find out you lied, I'd say you'll be in some hot water. See the post above.

johnny cash god's gonna cut you down on y tube tells the thruth

My buddy's wife won't sign. Not really anything he can do. His exam results lapsed and now he'll have to take the course again if somehow his wife softens.

All I can do is send prime venison steaks to buddy and his wife. Maybe she'll warm up.

hard to hold my tongue sometimes, let me tell you!

how long does he have to be separated before he gets his hunting life back....I have a feeling if it was me I would be counting the days until I could re-apply as single

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    My buddy's wife won't sign. Not really anything he can do. His exam results lapsed and now he'll have to take the course again if somehow his wife softens.

All I can do is send prime venison steaks to buddy and his wife. Maybe she'll warm up.

hard to hold my tongue sometimes, let me tell you!
    Wow Is she anti hunting?anti gun or just likes to piss someone off? Perhaps a new wife is in order. Get one that has her own PAL. Or one that likes to share the pants. Very selfish or something.

Is there no recourse for instances like this? I mean if her only reason is not liking guns, that should not affect him. If, on the other hand there is domestic issues, then that's a different case.

One thing the Federal government hate badly, and will cast you into oblivion for, and that is fraud.
    -- Fraud against the government is serios as it get's
    Maybe the guy who got it without girl friends name etc is, they share rent and that's it
    Young couple defraud the insurance company's and landlords and welfare and what not.
    -- They say we only share the rent don't get it on ok, besides that ain't your business.
    People can twist anything. If they only share rent, the one on welfare still gets a cheque from BC. If their screwing each udder and lieing, then that's fraud. They are saying one thing to save money.
    -- not right but it happens here in Kammy, all the time.
    Jel -- Do not fraud the government, you will be centered out from then on when caught.
    --