Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lying on an PAC application

Lying on an PAC application

So have a question ...If someone knowingly falsifies an application on a PAL ....Does not put in his spouse and only applies by himself what ramifications can he face ?...If you have a common law spouse and do not include her in the application ...Is the person liable for a criminal charge ?.Can the firearms officer revoke his PAL and seize his firearms ?..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Lying on an PAC application

Sounds like a, "Friend of a Friend's Buddy" kinda question.

No idea on criminal charges(Though likely, especially if your attempting to hide violence, mental health, etc.) , but getting your PAL revoked is a very real consequence.

Yah its not for me !...I follow the law !...But really interested in the possible outcomes from falsifying an application ..Its Federal so could be big trouble !...Will hope someone with soime knowledge will help answer this question..

Why not call the police and ask them?
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Was thinking that ...But wanted to be annoymous !..Have a cell phone so they would know my name ..

Sounds like your afraid of the police. I suggest you contact a lawyer and ask them if providing false information on a Federal firearm document is illegal.
    I think everyone here knows the answer but I wouldn't seek such advise on a hunting forum.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Read the fine print on the application. You are making a legal declaration.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Sounds like someone doesn't want their wife to know about a firearms license, when I first got mine I was single, when I did my first renewal I had just gotten married and they wouldn't renew until they spoke to the new wife to make sure she was cool with it. I would imagine lying about it on an application probably isn't the best idea.

Do you honestly think the RCMP isn't going to check deep enough into you to know you have a common law partner?

Unless you are using an IP service, you have zero anonymity here.
    Quote Originally Posted by elknut View Post
    Was thinking that ...But wanted to be annoymous !..Have a cell phone so they would know my name ..
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.