Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New sockeye fishery? or renewed?

New sockeye fishery? or renewed?

consultation process ?
    The releases of 230,000 fry are in recognition and celebration of the Syilx peoples’ continued successful efforts to bring sockeye salmon back to the Okanagan, and since 2016 to Okanagan Lake.
    “The return of our sc ‘win (sockeye salmon) to Okanagan Lake is our fundamental and inherent right and responsibility as Syilx people,” states Grand Chief Stewart Phillip.
    https://www.syilx.org/about-us/operations/news/
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New sockeye fishery? or renewed?

There is ONE and ONLY ONE "nation", it is known as CANADA. The ludicrous claims of the "fns" are just that, BS and all such crap should be banned!!!

It can't hurt, but I wonder who gets the monopoly at OK Falls?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanonthevedder View Post
    It can't hurt, but I wonder who gets the monopoly at OK Falls?
    First come first serve I would imagine, we'll see how long this stock will last.

Their hatchery, they are doing the work. I wish them the best of success. With the way the current government is going they may be last hatchery left. Not even the Trudeau is stupid enough to target a Native owned hatchery.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

I'm going to guess they will think they can now kill 230,000 sockeye when these return or the government will have to pay them for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

Wow why so negative? I will say I know little about this new fishery but if people are putting their minds and money together to create a new or renewed fishery then all the power to them.

Quote Originally Posted by wos View Post
    Wow why so negative? I will say I know little about this new fishery but if people are putting their minds and money together to create a new or renewed fishery then all the power to them.
    Indian Affairs has a long history of assertions made by the Indians in bad faith, recently being accepted by the courts without question. From imaginary land claims to victim culture to social dysfunction endemic to that community, it's fair to be cynical of anything done by an Indian Band.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
    Their hatchery, they are doing the work. I wish them the best of success. With the way the current government is going they may be last hatchery left. Not even the Trudeau is stupid enough to target a Native owned hatchery.
    X2. Good on them.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
    Their hatchery, they are doing the work. I wish them the best of success. With the way the current government is going they may be last hatchery left.

Agreed ....... Although ........

Not even the Trudeau is stupid enough to target a Native owned hatchery.
    I wouldn't say that ....... These Liberals and the many governments before them should pull their heads out of he sand for the way they ...... And DFO have managed and continue to manage , better yet mismanage our Pacific Coast fishery programs ........ More manage to zero. If we continue to disregard our grandchildren will only see pictures and hear stories of the legendary Salmon Runs.