Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pissed Off!!

Re: Pissed Off!!

While some here have had great luck with the new system, I've experienced nothing but grief so far. Like buying my license and BB tag 3rd week of April and not seeing it until just before May long. In fairness though, the system confirming my purchase and adding it to my account history, then getting amnesia and making me redo the process 2 weeks later was a big part of my delays.

In future, I hope they allow license/tag sales well in advance of April 1 opener. Fall tags allow for lots of cushion, assuming you get on it well before the "Back to School" sales start. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer_Slayer View Post
    ok I F'ed up...I get it. I thought you cannot buy license at shops anymore. 1st time using this system. One thing I do know...there are sure a lot of know it alls on here.
    Slayer you know better, if you can't handle all the answers and opinions - don't ask
    Bummer on the missed hunt, been there too, good luck in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer_Slayer View Post
    One thing I do know...there are sure a lot of know it alls on here.
    you got that right son rofl...would never let a piece of paper be the reason for me to not make it out on a hunt...I wait all year for those opportunities, and they never last long enough
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Lol, reading through this thread was wince-worthy. I'm guessing the OP wishes he hadn't posted it.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

I decided to go for it this year, used the new system & had no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Lol, reading through this thread was wince-worthy. I'm guessing the OP wishes he hadn't posted it.
    Yeah tough crowd!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

I went to get my paper tags early.
    The elecrtonic system made me so mad last year I gave up after 2 nights of trying to figure it out.
    This spring at the Abbotsford outdoor show I saw the govt people advertising the shiny new system.
    i cornered the lady and sat down with her. Made her sign up me and my 2 boys. It took an hour and her supervisor was getting mad she wasn't handing out pamphlets. I got an hour tutorial, and now I can use the system but it is still janky. Like it says that kids with a full license have no licenses available to buy.
    Thats because you have to know to buy kids licenses on your adult account but write in the kids fwid.

It it could definitely be easier and better laid out. I don't think that most people will get the one on one education I got and will continue to be frustrated.
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!

I got my paper license and bear tag in March. It's my only booklet with 100% of the tags cut, albeit 1/1 lol

I did go out one weekend after that and thought I'd better get a second tag just incase temptation got the better of me or I ran into a bear that needed an attitude adjustment. I just went to WSS and picked up one of them fancy new tags... in and out in 5-10mins.

The online stuff is pretty dodgey. Just last week a lot of people couldn't see their LEH histories. It was randomly showing "no results". Likely and issue with the web server talking to DB server and just showing "no results" rather than an actual error. I have been working on hosting infrastructure as a career for almost 20 years now and know bad code and poor infrastructure when I see it. Hopefully they will get the hang of it soon, but going to WSS or ServiceBC etc works just fine.

When I got my bear tag at Reliable in April I got a mulie tag too. Didn't want to ruin my LEH moose luck by buying a moose tag yet though.

ok Grandpa