Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Possibly moving to MU 6-14 (Stewart)

Re: Possibly moving to MU 6-14 (Stewart)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Get and read Pat Ferguson's book, Gone Huntin'. Then read his follow up book, Gone Huntin' Again
    Then read Decent into Madness, you realize your not alone out there lol

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    Then read Decent into Madness, you realize your not alone out there lol
    Im reading that book at the moment. Great read. You may meet a few in Hyder that may compare to Sheslay Mike. Haha

Well, back from Stewart. What a fantastic place. Will have zero problems filling my bear tags every year for sure. I saw 15-20 good sized ones. I have been instructed that we will be selling our house down here and building one up there.

Good to hear. Welcome to the North!

Quote Originally Posted by the_longwalker View Post
    Well, back from Stewart. What a fantastic place. Will have zero problems filling my bear tags every year for sure. I saw 15-20 good sized ones. I have been instructed that we will be selling our house down here and building one up there.
    if you don't mind my asking, what Industry are you in?

Been dreaming of a move away from LML for a long time. unfortunately my work is tied to high rises.

Quote Originally Posted by the_longwalker View Post
    Driving an Ore truck for Arrow. I currently run out of Chilliwack but got an offer to go there.
    Quote Originally Posted by brownmancheng View Post
    if you don't mind my asking, what Industry are you in?

Been dreaming of a move away from LML for a long time. unfortunately my work is tied to high rises.
    Here ya go, asked and answered.
    KCCO

sorry, should have re read the thread.

Stewart is a beautiful quaint town. People are very friendly. Lots of halibut, salmon, prawn, shrimp and crab. The canal is glassy the majority of the time, which makes me feel better being out there in a small boat. We have had great success getting shrimp right off the docks as well. As for wildlife, there are no end to bears in the area. We have seen a number of mountain goats up on the hills. I think that you will have to head out towards Meziadin Lake for the Moose or farther north towards Bell II. I know that there are some giants up there. No deer as far as I know. It is true, Stewart is far away from normal amenities, but if your willing to make a trip every now and then to Terrace or Smithers to stock up, all should be well. As a side note, Stewart got cell service just last year, which is a huge plus! You'll pick up service, just as you get into town. Nothing between there and Kitwanga. Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    Stewart is a beautiful quaint town. People are very friendly. Lots of halibut, salmon, prawn, shrimp and crab. The canal is glassy the majority of the time, which makes me feel better being out there in a small boat. We have had great success getting shrimp right off the docks as well. As for wildlife, there are no end to bears in the area. We have seen a number of mountain goats up on the hills. I think that you will have to head out towards Meziadin Lake for the Moose or farther north towards Bell II. I know that there are some giants up there. No deer as far as I know. It is true, Stewart is far away from normal amenities, but if your willing to make a trip every now and then to Terrace or Smithers to stock up, all should be well. As a side note, Stewart got cell service just last year, which is a huge plus! You'll pick up service, just as you get into town. Nothing between there and Kitwanga. Hope that helps!
    Thanks! My wife and I are getting pretty excited. Just trying to wrap things up down here. What kind of boat are you on the canal with? I was thinking of getting an 18' jon boat or maybe a deep v.