Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: savona band

savona band

So I've been hearing lots of rumors about the savona band killing deer and moose in epic numbers and selling them to Asians and east Indians in Vancouver. I'm wondering if I've heard this numerous times if anyone else has and hopefully some law enforcement too!?!? I know yrs ago in Burns lake if you wanted a moose you just had to go to the bar and let it be known within an hour and 100$ later you would have a moose sad but very true.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: savona band

You start a post that is based on rumours that will turn into another racist tirade against natives,why?

Im asking a question................are you not tired of all the bullshit that goes on with the different interest groups if you didnt notice by my profile pick I may have some native heritage myself but I'm so tired of the shameful behavior I dont want to stick my head in the sand I want my kids to be able to hunt too. I made sure the co's knew about the chilliwack "guy" going up to kamloops shooting a few elk from a very small herd up there too.... and posting it on facebook then justifying himself to all the disgusted hunters who were calling him out...............his response "traditional hunt" **** off traditional wtf is the matter with people. If shit like this is going on we need to spread the word and put the pressure on to stop. Again Chilliwack"guys" go kill a bunch of elk in Princeton some pregnant cows too ON PRIVATE PROPERTY and just leave them there are you ok with this I'M not!?

Cool Re: savona band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

We all hear stories but who knows which ones are true

Quote Originally Posted by curt View Post
    Im asking a question................are you not tired of all the bullshit that goes on with the different interest groups if you didnt notice by my profile pick I may have some native heritage myself but I'm so tired of the shameful behavior I dont want to stick my head in the sand I want my kids to be able to hunt too. I made sure the co's knew about the chilliwack "guy" going up to kamloops shooting a few elk from a very small herd up there too.... and posting it on facebook then justifying himself to all the disgusted hunters who were calling him out...............his response "traditional hunt" **** off traditional wtf is the matter with people. If shit like this is going on we need to spread the word and put the pressure on to stop. Again Chilliwack"guys" go kill a bunch of elk in Princeton some pregnant cows too ON PRIVATE PROPERTY and just leave them there are you ok with this I'M not!?
    It is terrible and I applaud you for standing up and doing something about it. Let's just be clear it's not all bands or all natives, so please let's not paint all natives with the same brush. I honestly think that if you want the law to do their job then it's up to natives to take a stand, we as Hunters will support you all the way.
    Once again thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    It is terrible and I applaud you for standing up and doing something about it. Let's just be clear it's not all bands or all natives, so please let's not paint all natives with the same brush. I honestly think that if you want the law to do their job then it's up to natives to take a stand, we as Hunters will support you all the way.
    Once again thank you.
    No doubt there are issues and ones like mentioned in this thread drive me nuts

enforcement against this kind of abuse of FN rights is needed

The question you ask is has anybody else heard these rumors? I,m all for commenting on bad behaviour by any group. I am not interested in hearing a whole bunch of comments about behaviour that is rumored to be going on. Lets talk about facts not rumors.

I'm not sure of "who" was responsible, but yes recently...like a year or two ago.... there was an investigation. I believe the CO's charged the business owner (a butcher) who was part of the scheme.

A butcher from Savona was convicted of selling wild meat to the CO.s in 2015. Google it. No mention of where he got the meat or of the butcher being part of any scheme.