Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: savona band

Re: savona band

Not to hijack, but just to make a point. There is a precedent for no enforcement of some things...

As someone who is involved in hiring, this sort of thing is rather close to home. I/we would never think to discriminate based on race, gender, etc.... Not because it's the law, but because doing so would simply be wrong! Clearly this way of thinking does not exist with some people.
    Clearly there will be no enforcement, and probably no complaints either. I hope that changes on both points.

Job offering on Facebook by the Skeetchestn Indian Band. One job is mowing lawns....

General Job Qualifications for both positions:
    - Must be students intending to return to school studies in the fall of 2017.
    - Must be First Nation and within 15-24 years of age.
    - Must be able to take initiative and work with little supervision.
    - Be flexible and able to adapt well to changing situations
    - Must be available 40 hours/week
    • Valid driver’s license an asset. Must enjoy the outdoors.

(Federal Law)

The CANADIAN HUMAN RIGHTS ACT The Canadian Human Rights Act entitles all individuals to equal employment opportunities without regard to race or colour, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, family or marital status, sex (including pregnancy or childbirth), pardoned conviction, disability (either physical or mental or as the result of dependence on alcohol or drugs), or sexual orientation.

(British Columbia Law)

Discrimination in employment advertisements

11 A person must not publish or cause to be published an advertisement in connection with employment or prospective employment that expresses a limitation, specification or preference as to race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or age unless the limitation, specification or preference is based on a bona fide occupational requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by quadrakid View Post
    A butcher from Savona was convicted of selling wild meat to the CO.s in 2015. Google it. No mention of where he got the meat or of the butcher being part of any scheme.
    The butcher was not the poacher..... the dozens of deer were brought to him as he had a venue for the sale, being his shop. Look up the definition of scheme "make plans, especially in a devious way or with intent to do something illegal or wrong". My understanding is the poachers were not charged, only the butcher.

If you have real intell talk to the co' s in person...

Does this go on absolutely..if you know about it give the local go's the appropriate info and they will deal with it...sometimes they have to wait and watch some time until they have enough back up to win...last thing they want is a presadant setting case not in the favour of wildlife it's a double edge sword.

Damm auto correct co's

He was convicted of selling them meat on three occasions. I may be wrong but i can,t find any references to"dozens of deer" in the articles i am reading.There may have been a poaching ring selling to him but i can,t find any reference to it.

I think your correct , it was never published how many animals were poached. My information is from someone who spoke directly with the CO doing the investigation and it was upwards of 30+ deer if I recall. And yes they watched them for a long time to build a case against the butcher.

Curt is doing his social duty by enforcing morality on his peers. It's thankless and difficult, but he persists.

Mainstream Canadians could learn from him about community standards and dignity.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by quadrakid View Post
    A butcher from Savona was convicted of selling wild meat to the CO.s in 2015. Google it. No mention of where he got the meat or of the butcher being part of any scheme.
    Quote Originally Posted by curt View Post
    So I've been hearing lots of rumors about the savona band killing deer and moose in epic numbers and selling them to Asians and east Indians in Vancouver. I'm wondering if I've heard this numerous times if anyone else has and hopefully some law enforcement too!?!? I know yrs ago in Burns lake if you wanted a moose you just had to go to the bar and let it be known within an hour and 100$ later you would have a moose sad but very true.

Yes I heard similar rumours. I also heard all the Asians and east Indians of Vancouver have joined forces to personally piss you off(no one else) the plan is eat as many deer as possible so your children won't have anything to hunt. I'm not sure what they have against you but they seem pretty determined. Chop Suey deer and curried deer are flowing out of everyone's ears down here in the wet coast.

-- Hey Curt it's Jelvis in Kammy Land close to Savano and hunted with lots of guys up in around Savano, and seen squat for abuse by anyone where we were.
    ---> Savano area is total mule deer habitat at it's finest close to the Lower Strangeland.
    I know some Indians from around here and all cool dudes and dudesses.
    -- Roomerz abound from decades ago in the 60;s something happened up the Deadman Valley with some hunters and the local Indians making news over some animals taken.
    - Once a rumor starts it's like a lil snowball rolling down a snowy slope and it get's bigger and bigger until it's dangerous so the history of Deadman is in mourning.
    Jelly -- I also have some Indian blood from my mom's heritage -- mixed togedder wit udderz over dah yearce -- Great gran parents and down from all around -- also white Russian from sway back
    Relatives came from White Russia thru Germany down to South America and over to North America, the States up to Saskatchewan the over to Abbotsford.
    -- Menno nites basically who followed John Menno who dint believe in killing people, Christians.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 06-04-2017 at 06:38 AM. Reason: MENNO get used to it haha -- clear bruuuck

I ran into a guy on a quad last year in this area and he mentioned the same or simular rumor . Though he did not mention natives , the number of animals he was suggesting had been poached were much higher than what has been discussed on this thread so far. I was hoping it was not true, but if it is , what a shame, and hopefully it gets stopped.