Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: First nations traditional territory

Re: First nations traditional territory

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Lol we'd have em surrendering in a week....
    Methinks you'd also have a bunch of white guys crying too

The land surrender by the purple robes was apparantly due to the Chilcotin war..a major reason this area was deemed to be significantly different than other claims. .still BS but that was part of the decision.
    Fact is natives have claimed 150% of BC..Hmmm 3 % claiming 1 1/2 times ALL of BC. ..
    Most claims have 2 or 3 other bands claiming the exact same area..hmm climb off the couch..grab a pair of boots.....

Elmer

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    What about that band that got "title to the land" west of Williams Lake in the supreme court? That's not just traditional territory, they have title so I guess they can post it??
    Their Title Land is no hunting for us although they post signs outside of their area that I ignore every year.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

roll down the windows and crank Brocket 99!!!!

The best way to hunt in the bush roads and see the different crossings and what not, look at your map and see where it says, " Indian Reserve, then take note, and go.
    -- Just don't drop an animal on actual Reserve -- outside of reserve is open
    Reserves in Reg 3 are relatively small anyways, Whispering Pines isn't Secwepwmca it's from the Chilly Cootin, made a deal with the Feds, and Bam! took the Shuswap land under their nozes.
    Is tthat right? -- Alert- Compo and not now but right now! Swoosh $$$$$$$$
    The government and under the table deals McSqweels.
    Somebody must pay back or go back to swayback behind Willy's Pond?
    -- What's good for the goosen iz n't alway good for the ganderin -- pay now or pay now?
    Don't get the Shuswap upset ok just sayin
    Jelly Bean -- Kamloops tp Yasper, as fast as casper - dah frenly goh host.

Some of y'all are painting us with an ugly brush in this thread. No need to bring dated stereotypes into public forums representing hunters as a whole.
    "I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six"

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire_125 View Post
    There is a road I've been down and hunting on before now there is a sign up that says now entering(band names) traditional territory. Are you aloud to hunt or not? (Non native)
    There are many gates and signs all around the province that are put up to keep people out of "super secret spots"

Research the area and find out if the signs are legit. Most aren't, but they may be.

Sustenance harvesting areas crawling with game like the drill is sayin.
    -- just sayin, it's a place for hayin
    If you normally go to a local corner store and then, one day, hit Wally's, yah get whad i'm tryin to say?
    -- as long as the spot is not on (actual Reserve) and is deemed Crown! Then all hunters could take a legal animule.
    The Rock says, " Know your role!" then you will know and have confidence about where you can start shootin.
    Jel -- all hunters out here driving around need to look at maps at home b4 the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    There are many gates and signs all around the province that are put up to keep people out of "super secret spots"

Research the area and find out if the signs are legit. Most aren't, but they may be.
    where do you get your signs made?...heheheheh...do they make them to look old and weathered before you buy them so they look more legit...

hey I have some Viking in my genes...does that make the whole known world my traditional territory....