Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: First nations traditional territory

First nations traditional territory

There is a road I've been down and hunting on before now there is a sign up that says now entering(band names) traditional territory. Are you aloud to hunt or not? (Non native)

2. Site Sponsor

Re: First nations traditional territory

It's the same as private property, you need permission from the band.

I would phone the CO and ask. There have been Lots of instances where bands just decide to put up a sign with no right to do so. I believe there is a difference between "traditional territory" and reserves.

HorseShoe is right. All of BC is the traditional territory of one band or another, often more than one. There are layering oprions for google earth which cpuld help, or as suggested call a CO but they may be slow to respond.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Unless it is deeded private land you are within your rights to hunt anywhere that there is a season without permission from anybody.

Same thing happened to me out of Lilloet, an area I had hunted was gated and signed. I made a formal complaint to the RCMP,,the gate was removed, but the sign stayed. I was told by the RCMP and the CO, that I could hunt there, but if I had a problem with the natives,I was on my own and not to contact them. So much so for my government protecting me. Its happening more and more,,a small group claims an area as "traditional hunting territory", and they need it for "subsistance hunting",and our Government backs down,,again. As far as I know, in some cases,a call to the number on the sign, and you are good to go.But not always,, Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyHorseshoe View Post
    I would phone the CO and ask. There have been Lots of instances where bands just decide to put up a sign with no right to do so. I believe there is a difference between "traditional territory" and reserves.
    Exactly.................

So, the RCMP and the COs will NOT enforce the laws where these characters defy them and refuse to serve we taxpaying citizens who pay them and support this society........just how far can Canada/BC sink before the reaction starts?

I WILL go WHERE I CHOOSE and I WILL defend myself and possessions with any means I deem necessary. NO person, is going to block me on ANY road on CROWN LAND, not ever.

The time fast approaches when WE MUST protect ourselves and refuse to back down from these thugs.

i will agree with that .. what is this country coming too . Natives dont own the land , they belong to it . CANADA is there traditional hunting territory .. The reserves are a different matter . However they seem to think that its one and the same too many times and too many places because they know they can get away with because the LAW doesnt do anything about it .!. course if it was you and i , we would be making trips to the court house .. I have no problem with my taxes going towards the Natives if its used for education and other programs .. i have worked up in northern Alberta and know many Natives around B.C. And Saskatchewan too . Some are good buddies of mine and they dont agree with some of the actions of the bands and individuals who exploit there heritage for gain , not sustenance but greedy gain . . I was born here too and i dont need permission to walk Crown land as far i know .
    Last edited by GOLDEN TOP SNIPER; 06-03-2017 at 11:22 AM.
    " Never tell me the Odds "

i say we blockade the grocery stores and wall marts.