Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: First nations traditional territory

Re: First nations traditional territory

Quote Originally Posted by edgar11 View Post
    That's ironic because pretty much all of my FN friends and family do not drink alcohol. On the other hand, my non-FN friends from work etc. cannot cope without it. Funny how that is, but what do I know about stereotyping.
    WHAT? where do you live?

These fires going on right now are getting the tungs wagging in many areas in BC as to you know what.
    Jelvis -- Don't fear the reeeper -- > lots of stuff between two peoples and the fence post about after these are done, as you can maybe not imagine at this par tick you lar time.
    ----- Just Imagine by J Lennon ----- whad iz being dee s cussed -- ?

Quote Originally Posted by bloody bellies View Post
    you can pay 175bucks to the blueberry band at pink mountain for an access fee if you are hunting, I think its 75 bucks if your just passing through, I don't believe people that live on reserves pay taxes unless the government get monies from the band, I look at it , as soon as they leave the reserve they are on my land , I pay taxes for roads, they should pay me.Like ive posted in the fishing section, how long do you have to live in Canada and be on this earth before my fishing or hunting is classified as a staple food? Ive been eating game and fish for over forty years. Somehow some way we all must beable to voice our opinions in a formal way to our government,, just not sure how, where it is actually heard.

More and more I think there is a vested interest in removing as much of the power of the middle class, and dumbing down the electorate to a point where the sheep are easy to heard and fool as much as the government needs it.

I have never in my life thought it would be the time for political activism, but here it is folks, anyone caring about their rights as a whole should be very, very careful not to miss a vote, a march, a letter written, a banging of the protest banner or a I WILL NOT ****ING TOLERATE THIS BULLSHIT moment.

Few have the guts to make a change, make a stand and DO it, stand by it. I am not talking about a word here and there, this whole thing necesitates action and commitment. Our government is just another corporation acting in the best interest of other corporations and not governing for the people.

What bothers me the most is the attitude, I HAVE WON now and I do not care about the rest, and yes I am referring at JT and how now having dismantled Harpers legislation we ended up with a 10+ mil payout to a convicted terrorist, instead of being able to deport his sorry ass.

These next few years require us to get together and talk, and put our minds and actions together. Ladies and gents this is it, one of the defining moments of our generation. Are you going to bend and give in, are you going to stand tall and make your mark known ...

Which one will it be?
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

Xman....welcome to politics.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

"traditional territory " I don't think the signs mean a darn thing. All of north america was their traditional territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    More and more I think there is a vested interest in removing as much of the power of the middle class, and dumbing down the electorate to a point where the sheep are easy to heard and fool as much as the government needs it.

I have never in my life thought it would be the time for political activism, but here it is folks, anyone caring about their rights as a whole should be very, very careful not to miss a vote, a march, a letter written, a banging of the protest banner or a I WILL NOT ****ING TOLERATE THIS BULLSHIT moment.

Few have the guts to make a change, make a stand and DO it, stand by it. I am not talking about a word here and there, this whole thing necesitates action and commitment. Our government is just another corporation acting in the best interest of other corporations and not governing for the people.

What bothers me the most is the attitude, I HAVE WON now and I do not care about the rest, and yes I am referring at JT and how now having dismantled Harpers legislation we ended up with a 10+ mil payout to a convicted terrorist, instead of being able to deport his sorry ass.

These next few years require us to get together and talk, and put our minds and actions together. Ladies and gents this is it, one of the defining moments of our generation. Are you going to bend and give in, are you going to stand tall and make your mark known ...

Which one will it be?
    X-Man - this couldn't be said better!
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Unless it`s fenced or posted or has a crop or is designated Rez on it then I hunt it. Crown land .
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Xenomorph, you make it sound like the politicians make the decisions. Seems they just default to the Supreme Court for direction. SCC makes a determination, and the rest of us make the apologies
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Xenomorph, you make it sound like the politicians make the decisions. Seems they just default to the Supreme Court for direction. SCC makes a determination, and the rest of us make the apologies
    most of the politicians, and I know one who did screw it up for us in the past (ndp'er), who gave the fn to much are
    really just "lawyers"....thus it ending up in courts etc like you say.
    The one thing about lawyers is...they don't always care about what if right, or for the good of everyone etc.
    "they just want to WIN their argument...regardless of the implications down the road.

And for those who think their are some racists comments being made....let me put it to you this way...

I am a native...native BC'r....this is the only home I have ever known.
    Thus, native was removed and the term "aboriginal" given.
    Basically instating "Segregation" into the Country.

I thought segregation was to be stopped. and all citizens be given the same rights....no more...no less,
    no matter what color or financial position in society..

So, I am not aboriginal....My ancestry is European (German/Prussian etc...mainly German).

So...should I go back to Germany...then ask/demand that I be given "aboriginal status"....
    (because... hey...lets face it...I too come from some "ancestral territory"....that was not in your territory)

Do I then say, anybody that is not white. or better, not from this "ancestral territory"...to get the F'out???

Ironically, that was done in the past....and it was wrong....right....we all know that.
    It was called "racist"....right...we agree on that....I should hope.
    So....I cannot kick someone out who is not of the same ancestry as I am in my "traditional aboriginal territory".
    Instead....I am to welcome everyone....
    Everyone who abides by the laws etc.

But... here in Canada, and more so BC, I am know having to deal with "Ancestry rights"...and am now be
    blocked to go and travel where I want...where I am "legally" allowed to be.
    Seems like the pendulum, for those who were discriminated upon in the past...have now been given...should I say..
    "Special Status" .. have taken that pendulum and swung it the other way.....
    It is now the Aboriginals....who have become "racist"...by "Segregating" themselves (thru the help of lawyers)...
    To now "denying access" to none aboriginals.....
    Doesn't that sound like Germany back in the 30's and 40's......
    And you know that was wrong......
    So...in the end...denying ....Blockading..."Legal Law abiding Citizens of Canada" and in this case....
    Residents of BC....is illegal, and based on a racist action.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    most of the politicians, and I know one who did screw it up for us in the past (ndp'er), who gave the fn to much are
    really just "lawyers"....thus it ending up in courts etc like you say.
    The one thing about lawyers is...they don't always care about what if right, or for the good of everyone etc.
    "they just want to WIN their argument...regardless of the implications down the road.

And for those who think their are some racists comments being made....let me put it to you this way...

I am a native...native BC'r....this is the only home I have ever known.
    Thus, native was removed and the term "aboriginal" given.
    Basically instating "Segregation" into the Country.

I thought segregation was to be stopped. and all citizens be given the same rights....no more...no less,
    no matter what color or financial position in society..

So, I am not aboriginal....My ancestry is European (German/Prussian etc...mainly German).

So...should I go back to Germany...then ask/demand that I be given "aboriginal status"....
    (because... hey...lets face it...I too come from some "ancestral territory"....that was not in your territory)

Do I then say, anybody that is not white. or better, not from this "ancestral territory"...to get the F'out???

Ironically, that was done in the past....and it was wrong....right....we all know that.
    It was called "racist"....right...we agree on that....I should hope.
    So....I cannot kick someone out who is not of the same ancestry as I am in my "traditional aboriginal territory".
    Instead....I am to welcome everyone....
    Everyone who abides by the laws etc.

But... here in Canada, and more so BC, I am know having to deal with "Ancestry rights"...and am now be
    blocked to go and travel where I want...where I am "legally" allowed to be.
    Seems like the pendulum, for those who were discriminated upon in the past...have now been given...should I say..
    "Special Status" .. have taken that pendulum and swung it the other way.....
    It is now the Aboriginals....who have become "racist"...by "Segregating" themselves (thru the help of lawyers)...
    To now "denying access" to none aboriginals.....
    Doesn't that sound like Germany back in the 30's and 40's......
    And you know that was wrong......
    So...in the end...denying ....Blockading..."Legal Law abiding Citizens of Canada" and in this case....
    Residents of BC....is illegal, and based on a racist action.
    Interesting you feel this way. You are 1 of the few. There is a big difference between some one who owns their land and actually put their own money into buying their property, take farmers for example, they don't let people always hunt on their property, but it is their right they put their sweat and money into it and have earned that right, as for aboriginals this is not the case, the land was given to them and most still are arguing in courts for more land to take for free. Then Aboriginals proceed to block people from entering their supposed land, why cant aboriginal people accept that it is their land but still allow access to the rest of Canada, why are borders put up, they did not buy the land, they don't pay taxes for that land, they still get grants from the government to build housing on their lands, lots of reserves actually make money from their lands sell commodities back to the normal tax payer but the commodities are not taxed as if non aboriginal people are selling the commodity. Sorry but there will always be a sour taste in my mouth towards the aboriginal people due to the fact always wanting more for nothing.