Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: First nations traditional territory

Thumbs up Re: First nations traditional territory

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Chaser View Post
    Unless it is deeded private land you are within your rights to hunt anywhere that there is a season without permission from anybody.
    This. Period.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: First nations traditional territory

Band land is reserve that the government gave them when they pushed then into spots to take over ranch land, mines etc.
    Something like that, then the territory includes the rez and the Indian band's original land mass area to the next band of Indians. Like a crossword puzzle fit togedder.
    Jelvis -- non status can hunt territory but not on reserve land -- simple as that

Sounds good but the reality NO YOU WONT GO WHERE YOU CHOOSE if its deemed native land its no different than private property and even if it wasnt the government will not support you because they are spineless and the rcmp will not get involved in your defense because it is a very slippery slope for them too because ..... yup you guessed it the government is spineless!! Many of resident hunters have said the same thing and many a residents have been chased off or denied access via road blocks or other means ....this province is heading down a very dismal path for resident hunters and fishers!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    So, the RCMP and the COs will NOT enforce the laws where these characters defy them and refuse to serve we taxpaying citizens who pay them and support this society........just how far can Canada/BC sink before the reaction starts?

I WILL go WHERE I CHOOSE and I WILL defend myself and possessions with any means I deem necessary. NO person, is going to block me on ANY road on CROWN LAND, not ever.

The time fast approaches when WE MUST protect ourselves and refuse to back down from these thugs.

Arrow Re: First nations traditional territory

Quote Originally Posted by curt View Post
    ....this province is heading down a very dismal path for resident hunters and fishers!!
    AND overly emboldened FN's btw...

Catch ya at the roadblock...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by pnbrock View Post
    i say we blockade the grocery stores and wall marts.
    And the liquor store..

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    And the liquor store..
    And the bingo hall!!

What about that band that got "title to the land" west of Williams Lake in the supreme court? That's not just traditional territory, they have title so I guess they can post it??

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    And the liquor store..
    Lol we'd have em surrendering in a week....

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    And the bingo hall!!

What about that band that got "title to the land" west of Williams Lake in the supreme court? That's not just traditional territory, they have title so I guess they can post it??
    That's right in our old moose territory. They took a good chunk of that area.

I've seen similar signage and continued to hunt there without issue. At the time I was thinking if I was approached about it, I'd just ask the intention behind the signage. I'm a respectful hunter and have no issue just asking a bands permission to hunt there, letting them know I'd respect the land and animals and am just hunting for meat for the winter.
    I hunted in Manitoba most of my life where the land is almost all private property, mostly farm land. I'm used to just going up to a land owner and asking permission. In almost every case, the only concern of the land owner is that you'll respect their property. I've met some good people and made some long term friends hunting on peoples land. I doubt this situation would be any different if approached from the right frame of mind.

Band up the North Thompson at Barriere has known traditional area thru and past the Alberta border at Jasper. BC band tradional lands across provincial border yet recognized by officials.
    Jel -- people moved around with canoes and snowshoes and dog sled and moccasins.
    --------------------------- Village people -- heading out into the world --