Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: First nations traditional territory

Re: First nations traditional territory

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    And the liquor store..
    That's ironic because pretty much all of my FN friends and family do not drink alcohol. On the other hand, my non-FN friends from work etc. cannot cope without it. Funny how that is, but what do I know about stereotyping.

-- No one screws with the Vikings period, thanks for the reminder, whoa! Tuff Mudderz.
    - You won't diss a Viking to his face and walk away.
    Jel e us -- Good thang we don't have the Vikes taken over in Canucksville! Bye bye.

Just reading all these post just gets me fired up. I'm 22 years old and sometimes wonder if I will still be legally allowed to hunt in another 40 years or if our spineless goverment will hand our remaining hunting and fishing rights to the indians. Just so i can watch gill nets across rivers, trucks with lights out the windows at night going past camp, and the fresh fish sign on the side of the highway. Just shows how as a white hunter and fisherman that . those two things could be on a count down for myself with our goverment.

-- I honestly believe we as hunters on this site, over twenty thousand are being watched on here and noted for our threads and posts for thoughts and original ideas on how to face this nasty situation?
    -- I believe the Ministry itself will clue in the politicians about the complexity of animal conservation's challenging future and not just the future, but now, today.
    - I trust the Ministry in BC because they never made any major blunders in BC on wild animals.
    -- they have started and maintained special migration areas and breeding areas to be protected from human encroachment.
    I could go on and on but no time, we must not panic, stay composed.
    Jel -- We are strong together as hunters, and on here HBC so stick together on rules and regs.

Quote Originally Posted by primmed99 View Post
    roll down the windows and crank Brocket 99!!!!
    or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAEm...HWMi_k&index=2 barricade at 2:00
    Last edited by boxhitch; 06-09-2017 at 07:32 AM.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

"traditional" is meaningless, but a claim to what they believe is theirs! They do not have title or any rights, it is not reserve land. eg. Treaty 8 covers from Height of Rockies, E. forever, S basically to Peace reach. Yet in spite of the treaty, they maintain the bottom of the trench is theirs also. Inside this traditional area there is a vast amount of hunting accessible to all.

You do not need permission! it is traditional, not dedicated reserve!
    Otherwise nobody would hunt in 7-b as it is all "traditional" land. It gives the local indigenous people a geographic area where they can hunt at any time of year, any species, any sex, unless on the endangered list.

Quote Originally Posted by edgar11 View Post
    That's ironic because pretty much all of my FN friends and family do not drink alcohol. On the other hand, my non-FN friends from work etc. cannot cope without it. Funny how that is, but what do I know about stereotyping.
    I have many fn friends, some don't drink and some drink like fish, oh wait my white and east Indian friends are the same way. Funny how that works eh?

Quote Originally Posted by pnbrock View Post
    i say we blockade the grocery stores and wall marts.
    Better yet...blockade the reserves....and don't let them out!

you can pay 175bucks to the blueberry band at pink mountain for an access fee if you are hunting, I think its 75 bucks if your just passing through, I don't believe people that live on reserves pay taxes unless the government get monies from the band, I look at it , as soon as they leave the reserve they are on my land , I pay taxes for roads, they should pay me.Like ive posted in the fishing section, how long do you have to live in Canada and be on this earth before my fishing or hunting is classified as a staple food? Ive been eating game and fish for over forty years. Somehow some way we all must beable to voice our opinions in a formal way to our government,, just not sure how, where it is actually heard.