Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: First nations traditional territory

Re: First nations traditional territory

It really attests to the invalidity of the oppression claims that their victimization stands on lies.

It reveals their character to see how readily they lie.

I don't prejudice race, but I do judge character and discriminate on actions. Shame . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by Corb89 View Post
    OK, ive read my fill of the stereo type bullshit....for those of you who dont know...I Corb89 Corben Clarkson am a status indian..the indian side of my family is from the west moberly reserve THE largest treaty territory in canada.
    go on with your "liquor store" jokes...we're not all the same...i buy my hunting/fishing licences same as you....i follow provincial regulations better than alot of you racist assholes
    im ashamed to be on this site with you whining ****s...im out! **** all of you
    You have to remember we're all human, we have our character faults etc just like everyone, and I personally am sorry if I offended you...but please understand that many of us on this site are very bitter about how some FN's people will go out and shoot any game year round, with no limit instead of promoting conservation like yourself and many other hunters do...I know it's our government that is enabling them, but it still doesn't make it right...problem is, our government doesn't have the strength or courage to stop them from doing this, so I don't see any other way except to educate them, and hopefully guilt them...I have met several First Nations members who only hunt ethically like yourself, and I commend you for that, hopefully with our increased wildlife funding were supposed to get, we can get more First Nations education, and First Nations hunters like yourself would be good examples to them of how all hunters should be..

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    Do you pay income tax the same as us?
    Dannybuoy
    This was the question asked....Not, do you pay sales tax?, Fearless is correct in his reply to the specific question at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    Dannybuoy
    This was the question asked....Not, do you pay sales tax?, Fearless is correct in his reply to the specific question at hand.
    Darn , I have to watch those technicalities....��

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    Do you pay income tax the same as us?
    According to the government rules every First Nations person I know pays the same exorbitant income tax you do when working off reserve. There are not a lot of jobs or businesses on reserve so most working natives do pay the same as us. Two daughters and at least 5 of the grandkids in our family work for off reserve companies and pay the same rents, mortgages and taxes everyone else does. I have seen companies come on to reserves and use the no taxes to justify paying natives less than they pay their non-native employees even though they are doing the same work. Had one women tell me it wasn't fair that natives get free gas, free education, and free houses. My wife wants to know where she can get free gas never seen that in her life and a free house, she's 67 and paid a mortgage for our house for 30 yrs. Yes they did pay for part of her education but not enough to live on without my income. Also now that the house is paid for we can't get a second mortgage or sell it to anyone but another band member. How would you like it if you were told you can only sell your house to a cousin living the same neighbourhood who would have a really tough time getting a mortgage. Before you criticize maybe you should spend some time reading and learning the facts about First Nations in BC.
    Last edited by papaken; 07-28-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    Darn , I have to watch those technicalities....��
    Saying sorry wouldn't hurt, just sayin.

Food for thought! An interesting perspective.

This was printed in a Nanaimo, B.C. newspaper last week, and as you can imagine, it had all the natives out banging their drums and whooping, but you know what.. if the shoe fits!!! .

THE SO-CALLED "FIRST NATIONS" ....

-Never "discovered" the wheel
    -Never had a written language
    -Never discovered astronomy
    -Had no science or scientific discoveries
    -Had no mathematics
    -Made no medical discoveries
    -Never had written music
    -Only "figured out" a drum and a rattle for musical instruments
    -Had no metallurgy
    -Had no sails for boats (only had canoes and dugout trees for their
    thousands of years)
    -Created virtually no mechanical devices
    -Possessed almost nothing that required labour over a period of time, ie:
    building with or carving out of stone
    -Made almost no inventions
    -Are just in the last 200 years getting caught up to most of the rest of the world
    -Have a history that is notable only for underachievement

Think where an equal number of Chinese would be today; given only 10 years of the advantages Canadian Indians have---no taxes on any money you earn, while living on a reserve-free dental-free university, etc. BTW the hunger striking chief and her husband, were paid $270,000.00 by the band last year. Comments from a reader in the Globe and Mail. It's a short history lesson on natives...

This land does NOT belong to them!

Why do some people keep saying that it does? Is it because that's what they
    want you to believe?

Well then the marketing campaign must be working.

Let's get this straight.

1. These people's ancestors did not just appear in North America, magically out of thin air one day 50,000 year ago. They came in waves across the land/ice bridge from Asia. What's more, these waves, in many cases, were not related groups of people. They came from various places around North Eastern Asia and were from different genetic strains..in other words the "natives of North America" are not a homogenous group of people and more importantly...They are immigrants too. like millions of immigrants today.

2. The idea that the "natives" were peaceful caretakers of the land or benevolent tenants couldn't be further from the truth. The various tribes warred on each other constantly. They were violent. Want proof? Ask the Hurons or the Neutrals...oh that's right you can't. The Iroquios wiped them out.

How about slavery that was rife amoung the first nation tribes until the Europeans came over and freed the slaves and put an end to this "valued cultural tradition". Is slavery peaceful and humane?.

3. The idea that we "stole" this land from them is also ridiculous. A more
    technologically advanced and numerous cultures invaded and conquered. This is
    exactly what has been happening since the dawn of humanity all around the globe. To say we "stole" their lands is just plain wrong. That is akin to saying the Saxons should return England to the Anglos. Or maybe we should launch a campaign to have the Roman descendants give Italy back to the Etruscans. It is a nonsensical notion driven by the politically correct bleeding hearts, some intellectually deficient politicians, the Government, and it will continue to cost this country needless and wasted billions and
    billions until we get some backbone and turn off the taps.

Are these people in trouble? Yes. Do they need help? Yes.

Are they responsible enough to look after themselves and efficiently spend
    the billions the tax payers give them? Certainly not.

The only way to fix this situation is to bring them into society as equals.

They should be getting jobs and paying taxes like the rest of us because in reality, they are no more special than any of the other hundred or more cultures that call Canada home.

Turn off the taps. Do away with this "traditional use" and "cultural" nonsense. Educate their children to become modern citizens ,instead of finding their identity and source of pride in some folks who occupied the land 12000 years ago. Let them stand or fall on their own account. Just like the rest of us have to do!

Alot of what is written in the article is true, and it could be applied to a number of differing peoples of the world, including white.
    Although some of it is not,
    Indians do pay income taxes.
    Indians did indeed have away of navigating the continent by way of the stars.
    What did they need a sailboat for? a canoe is all they needed for navigating much of the continent and is still useful and could be used today.
    Had a strong knowledge of medicinal plants that are being recognized today for there medicinal properties.
    Half the stuff listed they had (have) no need for.
    Sadly, I would not normally respond to something of this nature, however the article is just to stupid to let go, and I'm sure every Native on the forum just got put in their place by a superior species.

Alot of what is written in the article is true, and it could be applied to a number of differing peoples of the world, including white.
    What did they need a sailboat for? a canoe is all they needed for navigating much of the continent and is still useful and could be used today.
    Had a strong knowledge of medicinal plants that are being recognized today for there medicinal properties.
    Sadly, I would not normally respond to something of this nature, however the article is just to stupid to let go, and I'm sure every Native on the forum just got put in their place by a superior species.
    Alot of what your post says is also subject to interpretation.... ie while some do pay income tax , sales tax is excempt if they choose .
    Strong knowledge of medicine ... ha ha too funny !
    I looked up the life expectancy of a native prior to European contact .... they should be paying us .... and thats including any diseases brought over that we hear whining about.
    I despise using the terms "us" and "them" but that's what society seems to demand . Segregation seems to be the in thing eh ?

Was just posting an article that is stating some facts, as for the sail on a boat, why would anyone want to paddle their asses off if you could use the power of the wind!!!! It is called using ones brain.