Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: First nations traditional territory

Re: First nations traditional territory

Quote Originally Posted by Thor762 View Post
    I like this man. I don't know who you are, but I like the cut of your jib, and we would probably get along.
    Lots of people with good old fashioned common sense are beginning to sing the tune of "OK, this bullshit needs to stop!" ...calmly, patiently. We'll get there sooner or later - I for one am sick and tired of the status quo, I'd rather we clarify the gray area. And yes, I'm one that will forever regret voting for JT. That's a mistake I am taking responsibility on. Still in disbelief he dismantled Harper's legislation on citizenship ..and now we're footing the bill.
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    Lots of people with good old fashioned common sense are beginning to sing the tune of "OK, this bullshit needs to stop!" ...calmly, patiently. We'll get there sooner or later - I for one am sick and tired of the status quo, I'd rather we clarify the gray area. And yes, I'm one that will forever regret voting for JT. That's a mistake I am taking responsibility on. Still in disbelief he dismantled Harper's legislation on citizenship ..and now we're footing the bill.
    You must be too young to remember PT (the father)....if you had known him.....you never would have made that
    mistake (voting JT)....live and learn....but now you've got it.

Commendation to Xenomorph for firstly admitting he voted Liberal, and secondly for facing his mistake. Good confession.

The hardest step is Denial, once you deal with that, recovery is much easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

For those who think us mods are doing a "shitty job" you have 2 choices. Step up and help mod, or shut up and go away. Most ALL contributing members know there is a "report a post" button in the bottom left corner. USE IT, we too have lives and cannot police every post to your satisfaction. I've not seen ONE report on this thread, normally with native affairs, we have at least one by the tenth post. Seems pretty good to me so far!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Corb89 View Post
    OK, ive read my fill of the stereo type bullshit....for those of you who dont know...I Corb89 Corben Clarkson am a status indian..the indian side of my family is from the west moberly reserve THE largest treaty territory in canada.
    go on with your "liquor store" jokes...we're not all the same...i buy my hunting/fishing licences same as you....i follow provincial regulations better than alot of you racist assholes
    im ashamed to be on this site with you whining ****s...im out! **** all of you
    Do you pay income tax the same as us?
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    You must be too young to remember PT (the father)....if you had known him.....you never would have made that
    mistake (voting JT)....live and learn....but now you've got it.
    I've only moved to Canada in 2006: pretty face, knockout legs and a mind to die for. It's not my fault for being Canadian, it's hers, she brought me here.

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    Commendation to Xenomorph for firstly admitting he voted Liberal, and secondly for facing his mistake. Good confession.

The hardest step is Denial, once you deal with that, recovery is much easier.
    I'd like to think anyone here is able to weigh, judge and admit to shortcomings, I'm getting too old and grumpy too have time for BS, ignorance and hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    For those who think us mods are doing a "shitty job" you have 2 choices. Step up and help mod, or shut up and go away. Most ALL contributing members know there is a "report a post" button in the bottom left corner. USE IT, we too have lives and cannot police every post to your satisfaction. I've not seen ONE report on this thread, normally with native affairs, we have at least one by the tenth post. Seems pretty good to me so far!
    I found the discussion on both ends full of substance. A lot of good points being made on both sides, with some legal "features" revealed that I am sure some of us -most of us- might not have been aware of. Besides a poor attempt to shut down this on a "racist" grounds, I found the whole thread mature and at least a good beginning. We're talking, brainstorming about possible ways to end the status quo and move to an understanding mutually beneficial. I'd call that progress.
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

Kind of an exercise in futility because nothing we think or say on the subject will ever be taken into account by anyone with authority. Even the conservatives had no backbone to take this head on, it will be like this or worse for another 100 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    Do you pay income tax the same as us?
    You're only tax exempt if you work on a reserve...not many jobs on the reserve...I'm status also and I bet I pay more taxes then most of the assholes that make asshole comments on here....

Quote Originally Posted by fearless View Post
    You're only tax exempt if you work on a reserve...not many jobs on the reserve...I'm status also and I bet I pay more taxes then most of the assholes that make asshole comments on here....
    Well you are partially correct .... living on the reserve ( or having an address ) also makes purchases , truck, car, quad etc tax free also .Kinda makes you the ass hole for chiming in with a 1/2 truth eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    Well you are partially correct .... living on the reserve ( or having an address ) also makes purchases , truck, car, quad etc tax free also .Kinda makes you the ass hole for chiming in with a 1/2 truth eh ?
    I was going to say.

Thanks.