Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilderness athlete

Wilderness athlete

I'm just wondering if anyone out there uses Wilderness Athlete products? I am considering buying there energy and focus drink and am hoping for some feedback on it or any of there other products?
    Also did you have to pay any extra charges at the border to have it shipped?
    'The bible says the end is coming soon, I hope I get my cabin built by then'
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wilderness athlete

I use mtn ops. If you buy over 200$ shipping is fee I think

I opted for Vega Energizer and Vega Recovery.

Up until recently, I was heading to the rink at 530 for a two-hour hard skate most weekdays. Found this a great combo. Energizer on the way, about 20 minutes before hitting the ice and Recovery on the drive home. Followed by 20-30 grams of protein with either the Vega protein or a whey protein. Once I started this routine I felt way better during and throughout the day and the next day.

I used the same routine on my five-day goat hunt last year and that was a better test for your purposes. I found it great there too. I upped the daily protein from powders to 50 grams. Never felt better in the mountains. Lightweight calories and protein to add in recovery.

Vega was more accessible and for all intents and purposes close enough, if not better in some ways in my opinion. Prices are good too.

Mountain Ops is good I am sure, in the end, it is well marketed and branded towards hunters. Smart on their part. I mean hell, I own a metric ton of Sitka. So far from me to suggest one shouldn't drink the Kool-Aid. No pun intended.

For what it is worth (about what you paid for it) my opinion is you can get the same outcome with less hassle and money spent.

Sadly had to give up the hockey. Was tough going from 12-14 hours a week on the ice to zero this spring. But one too many concussions over the last 3 years. I am already struggling to be a functional human...sure didn't need to risk what chance I have left of being able to feed myself after 60.

On the other hand, I am already using the "damaged brain" as an excuse to drop truth bombs. "Oh sorry, I can't help it. I have a long history of concussions and sometimes just blurt things out."

Not since they dropped their WA supplement bars

Maybe take a look at athleti.ca for E-load, Canadian products, free shipping

That Vega looks good too
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I've used both vega and wilderness athlete. I use vega energizer the majority of the time for it is very helpful when you work all day, come home exhausted but want to workout. You take a scoop of that the 20 minutes later you want to run up a mountain. For me if I take a full scoop and had coffe that afternoon I feel I get very shakes and my heartrate goes up more than usuall. I found the vega recovery was a bit of a waste of money and now use Bcaa's for post workouts. The wilderness athlete focus does work as well but have had mixed results from it. Last fall hunting, I made myself a coffee to warm up, then 30 minutes later took a full package of the focus stuff and I was so shaky and felt super anxious. Obv everyone is different. But you can get vega anywhere, and will have to pay shipping for Wilderness athlete. That being said I like supporting hunting company's, and I will probably buy more wilderness athlete in the future.

There is a product called Q Energy Drink that I really like. It is made in BC, is light and really works for energy and hydration. It isn't a Red Bull, moreso a vitamin drink.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

For a pre work out/ energy boost I like the cellucor c4, Popeyes or reflex normally has it, I like it after work before the gym, after about 20-30 mins on the treadmill my heart is pounding, it gives me the jitters but it doesn't bother me anymore, just don't take it before bed.

Thanks for the input all I just ordered the tub of energy and focus from WO, I like the fact that is has no caffeine and no simple sugars so willing to to pay a little more. I'll let you guys know how it works out when I get the delivery.
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

Quote Originally Posted by knothead View Post
    Thanks for the input all I just ordered the tub of energy and focus from WO, I like the fact that is has no caffeine and no simple sugars so willing to to pay a little more. I'll let you guys know how it works out when I get the delivery.
    i remember ordering some of that a year or so ago, i remembered getting a bill like a month later from fedex for duty or some sort of charge. I tried the hydrate and recover from them

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    i remember ordering some of that a year or so ago, i remembered getting a bill like a month later from fedex for duty or some sort of charge. I tried the hydrate and recover from them
    They ship USPS not Fedex so hopefully no problems, I've heard Fedex is the one that charges ridiculous brokerage fees.
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke