Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Exploring BC

Exploring BC

So firstly I apologise this isn't directly hunting related but we are taking 2 weeks this summer, late july/early august, to load the kids (3,5,7) into the truck camper and go and explore. The general region is South of 100 Mile, West of Creston, East of Hope and north of the wall.

The plan is to explore and get the kids out and enjoying more of BC's back areas.

If anyone has some places that they can suggest we consider I would really appreciate it. Definitely not asking for your honey holes, just somewhere that we can visit and the kids will have fun. We don't want to be spending the holiday in RV parks, looking more for some remote lakes, river beds, pastures, anywhere that helps them explore the outdoors of BC.

Appreciate any input you can offer.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Exploring BC

What type of activity does your family do to get fun? Hiking together, fishing and biking so think back when they had the most fun and duplicate that within these perimeters you got planned.
    Manning Park is beautiful Hope has some nice lakes etc.
    Jelly -- Keep reading your thread we got lots of people who know B.C. well and are connected.

Thanks Jelly. We live on acreage so there is a lot of outdoor time but they haven't had a chance to do a lot of exploring. We did do Manning Park for snow shoeing or should I say my wife and 7yr old snow shoe'd with me as I pulled the younger two kids in the sled behind me. Fishing they love to do (I have always wanted to fly fish but still haven't tried yet), biking is another though two are still on striders. Appreciate the input

Have you been to the Tulameen area?
    The KVR runs through it, you can bike for hundreds of km if you want. As an abandoned rail line, the grade is nothing at all, easy peddling.
    Lots of trails to drive, hike or bike, tons of lakes for fishing, swimming and such.
    Lots of history in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Have you been to the Tulameen area?
    The KVR runs through it, you can bike for hundreds of km if you want. As an abandoned rail line, the grade is nothing at all, easy peddling.
    Lots of trails to drive, hike or bike, tons of lakes for fishing, swimming and such.
    Lots of history in the area.
    My suggestion also ....

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    My suggestion also ....
    Lots of HBCers there too.

Revelstoke down Arrow lakes to the ferrie.. Galena bay.. Nakusp..Needles..over the Monashees...maybe off track,but beautiful country.

Thanks all, I haven't been to Tulameen but will definitely look into it. Will look into Revelstoke as well. Appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by BC-Kiwi View Post
    Thanks all, I haven't been to Tulameen but will definitely look into it. Will look into Revelstoke as well. Appreciate it
    If you have any questions @ Tulameen, PM me if you wish.
    We have a place there, love it.
    So do our adult kids and our 7 and 2 year old Grand Girls.

The whole Tulameen country is lovely, go in at the Coldwater exit off the Coquihalla and down by Lawless Creek, do stop at the old hotel beer parlour in Coalmont, a place so like the old Kootenays.

The Kootenays, are beyond gorgeous, but, motels rates are ungodly and popular spots are crowded. I also suggest the Revelstoke-Galena Bay run and on down through the Slocan, then over to Kaslo from New Denver and up the lake to the Lardeau, Trout Lake and on northward.

This IS Grizzly country and be careful, but, there is no more beautiful country in BC. Take 2 spares and some extra gas.