Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taxidermist facing charges That name kind of rings a bell

Taxidermist facing charges That name kind of rings a bell

Colin Dacre - Jun 1, 2017 / 3:22 pm | Story: 198494
    Photo: pixabay
    Keremeos taxidermist is facing 11 charges

A Keremeos taxidermist is facing 10 wildlife act charges for allegedly poaching and possessing animals without a license.
    Derek Sward, the owner/operator of Similkameen Taxidermy, allegedly illegally took a five point elk, out of season, and without a license in Cranbrook in Oct. 2015.
    B.C. Conservation Officer Michael Stern says an investigation followed, leading to the seizure of several dead animals on May 5, 2016.
    Sward was in possession of a dead Sharp Shinned Hawk, Wolverine, Great Horned Owl, Red Squirrel and Mountain Goat hide without proper permits.
    Stern says people can legally possess all those animals, even the raptors, with the correct permits, but that was not the case with Sward.
    Stern was not able to comment on if the seizures were related to Sward’s business, but said the entire investigation took about four months.
    Sward is also facing one criminal code charge of careless use or transport of a firearm. Court documents indicate he plans on pleading guilty to all 11 counts at his next court appearance on Aug 9.
    Castanet News reached out to Sward for comment, but has not received a response
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Taxidermist facing charges That name kind of rings a bell

I would suggest that the Federation cease all partnerships with this business.

http://bcwf.net/index.php/membership/benefits?id=502
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

lets not get our pitchforks out just yet !

Quote Originally Posted by pnbrock View Post
    Court documents indicate he plans on pleading guilty to all 11 counts at his next court appearance on Aug 9
    Kind of looks like there's a bit of a hay stack there ... just saying
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

While I would understand if the person was yet to be tried and convicted, but it says he plans on pleading guilty to all charges. If he doesn't, I'll put my pitchfork away until judgment.
    Quote Originally Posted by pnbrock View Post
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

The Swards have a few hunting related ventures, and are known for having high opinions of themselves.

Crime + Punishment . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    I would suggest that the Federation cease all partnerships with this business.

http://bcwf.net/index.php/membership/benefits?id=502
    Agreed.........

Lol I wondered how many would see his plee!! Be interesting to see how he obtained the animals.

I know people that have hunted with them in the past who will remain nameless but this families hunting practices and ethics appear to be shady to say the least( taking ridiculously long shots at elk that you know are heading into your so called partners calls just so you can say you were the one who killed the elk is not only selfish but completely disrespectful) hence x partners!!!! ............... now the dad works at Cabela's in abby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    The Swards have a few hunting related ventures, and are known for having high opinions of themselves.

Crime + Punishment . . .

Are these the same ones that did the Canada in the rough episode and are friends with the Beasleys.